English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Group read-alongs > June 2017 read-along

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited May 30, 2017 03:09PM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4253 comments Mod
For June we have six books to start the month they are: 1) Odd Numbers: by Anne Holt published June 6, 2017. 2) The Tunnel by Carl-Johan Vallgren published June 6, 2017. 3) The Owl Always Hunts At Night by Samuel Bjørk published June 6, 2017. 4) Out on the Ice by Grant Nicol published June 16, 2017. 5) Down for the Count by Martin Holmén published June 17, 2017. 6) Without a Trace by Liza Marklund published June 20, 2017. As always we will add books as they are published during June. Good reading.

message 2: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4253 comments Mod
We also have (7)Buried lies by Kristina Ohlsson published June 15, 2017. Sweden. Australia and the U.K. already have this book, for several years.

message 3: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (last edited Jun 07, 2017 08:02AM) (new)

Sharon | 2420 comments Mod
Ken wrote: "We also have (7)Buried lies by Kristina Ohlsson published June 15, 2017. Sweden. Australia and the U.K. already have this book, for several years."

Ah, so hoped this was more of the Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht series but it's number one of a new series. However, I really like this writer sooooo pre ordered....five brutal murders in two countries.....note this is also published as Lotus Blues......

message 4: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Ken wrote: "For June we have six books to start the month they are: 1) Odd Numbers: by Anne Holt published June 6, 2017. 2) The Tunnel by [author:Carl-Johan Vall..."

Please take note Odd Numbers also published as Offline!

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary (1meow1) | 101 comments I am about half way done with the new(?) Leif GW Persson novel, The Dying Detective. It has won numerous awards and I can see why. This is probably the best novel of this genre I have ever read. This is what ALL crime novelists should strive for. I literally cannot put it down. I don't know how it ends but I hope there is some kind of follow-up novel or new novel. I've read all of his novels but this one is off the charts! I think I better stop now and let you decide for youself.

message 6: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Just starting today....Offline. Aka Odd Numbers. Hanne Wilhelmsen series. Nr 9. Anne Holt. This sequel to Anne Holt's bestseller 1222 - and penultimate novel in the Hanne Wilhelmsen series....

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Davis | 97 comments Just finished, The Dying Detective, what a great book. Loved everything about it. Dynamite ending.

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary (1meow1) | 101 comments I just finished The Dying Detective also. I agree with you, Susan. The best book I have read in quite some time. In fact I had just finished a Jo Nesbo novel and although I like his books, there just was no comparison. I already read Persson's other books but this was his best yet. Hope he comes out with more.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan Davis | 97 comments I agree about the comparison with Nesbo's book, liked it, didn't love it. Reading the latest Jimmy Perez book about the Shetland Islands, enjoying that.

message 10: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Susan wrote: "I agree about the comparison with Nesbo's book, liked it, didn't love it. Reading the latest Jimmy Perez book about the Shetland Islands, enjoying that."

Felt the same about the latest Harry Hole and having read this praise I've just downloaded The Dying Detective. Thanks ladies.

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan Davis | 97 comments Enjoy, cant wait for you feedback.

message 12: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Susan wrote: "Enjoy, cant wait for you feedback."

Sadly, will be awhile. Everyone i read has published around the same time and i am really bogged down and behind on my downloads. Nuts to download something new but....

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott Anderson | 14 comments Yep. Reading The Dying Detective now. So good! Like Nesbo but got a little tired of the books.

message 14: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Raeding the best of Norwegian writers Offline. Aka Odd Numbers. Hanne Wilhelmsen series. Nr 9. Anne Holt. This sequel to Anne Holt's bestseller 1222 - and penultimate novel in the Hanne Wilhelmsen series, .....fabulous !