Jewel High School discussion

Places > Library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
This is the school library.

message 2: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson had unpacked his suitcase and gotten settled in. He decided he wanted to check out the school library and see what books they had. As he entered the library his jaw dropped. It was huge with two floors of shelves all stuffed with books. There was a series of conference rooms along one wall all of them with whiteboards and projectors. He smiled to himself as he loved books, and he was pretty sure he could plug his laptop into the projectors in the conference rooms to play a movie. He knew right off that he would be spending a lot of time here.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
Claire walked in. She had just talked to Chloe and they agreed to come to the library.

message 4: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Hey, I had to stop and get coffee," Chloe said, walking into the library. She was almost speechless. This library was superb, but she couldn't let on that she thought so, because that would make seem like a nerd, which would bump her down on the high school food chain

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
I know. Claire replied. I agree. It really is cool. Please don't tell people I said that. I don't want to be any less popular.

message 6: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Your secret's safe with me," Chloe said grinning. After all, she couldn't very well mess up her roomie rep, for 2 reasons, one, she had to live with this girl for the rest of the year, and two, it would make Chloe seem like a huge jerk.

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
Thanks. Claire said smiling. Let's explore.

message 8: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "We'd better make it quick," Chloe said. "I've got Physics first period, which is in 10 minutes."

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
Oh. I have math. Claire said. Also 10 minutes. Let's go. I hear there's a food bar. You might find coffee.

message 10: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "I just had two cups, and apparently my dad told them not to let me have more than two cups in the morning, which is totally unfair," Chloe said

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
Haha. Claire laughed. I agree with him. Anyway let's go.

message 12: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "You do not want to see me under caffeinated. My dad thinks I have way too much, but 18 cups a day isn't too bad right?" Chloe said earnestly.

"Jk, I only have like 8 cups," Chloe said

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
Oh. Thanks god. That's still alot though. You'll have a black heart soon enough. Maybe you'll be known as coffee breath. So maybe you should stop. Claire said laughing as she teased Chloe.

message 14: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "I don't smell like coffee," Chloe laughed. "Trust me, you'd know if I did."

Chloe grinned

message 15: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Anyway, I'd better head. I need to talk to the teacher since I'm a sophomore. I actually took physics A last year, but it's a new teacher this year so I need to learn their weakness," Chloe laughed

message 16: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
Ok bye. Claire said still looking around.

message 17: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) It had been a very uneventful day for Dawson as he had gone through the rest of his classes with no problems. After classes were over he'd gone to track practice and finished his running workout. He had showered and changed and decided he was going to the library to take over a conference room and hook his laptop to a projector to play a movie. So he did just that. He was in the process of rearranging some cables to get the movie to come up on the projector.

message 18: by lorien (new)

lorien Liora grumbled under her breath as she searched for a textbook pertaining to her history paper which was due in two days. Two days! Wasn't suppose to be that since school was nearly over that the teachers should cut the kids some slack? Idiots, thought Liora angrily as she shoved the wrong textbook back into the shelf and continued looking.

message 19: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson was wandering about the isles of books as he often found himself doing after school and track. He was reaching for a particularly thick volume on the history of music when he heard a frustrated grunt and the thud of a book being shoved back into pace. He peered around the shelf and saw a girl standing there scowling at the shelves. "Giving the books a piece of your mind?" He asked with an amused smile.

message 20: by lorien (new)

lorien Liora turned her head to see a boy close by and glared at him with arms crossed against her chest. "You can say that. But that would disgusting and I don't want to give any of these books a valuable piece of my brain," she said with a scowl. Unfortunately, whenever Liora became frustrated or angry, she always seemed to take things logically instead of seeing it as a joke.

message 21: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson just gave her a funny look, shifting his gaze up and down. She was a long tan coat with a black t shirt, black pants and doc martins. It was a retro look and Dawson liked it. Her hair was blonde and her eyes were green like emeralds. He was taken aback by the girl, stunned by her old school beauty. He snapped himself back, closing his jaw as it had dropped a little bit and said with a laugh, "umm, ok, not literally giving the books your brain but ok. Anyways, what's wrong?"

message 22: by lorien (new)

lorien Thankfully, Liora didn't see the man studying her as she returned her attention to the horrible books, otherwise that would've been very bad for Little Dawson. At his question, she cocked her head at the shelf and said, "I can't seem to find a book on World War l. And apparently, my report is due very soon so I'm not doing very well here."

message 23: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson's face lit up as he lived history, especially both world wars. "Ah, the proclaimed war to end all wars. Funny really, the treaty of Versailles that blamed Germany for everything weakened them so much that it allowed a totalitarian dictator like Hitler's to come to power. That treaty paved the way for World War Two. Ironic if you think about it. Here, I believe the literature on the world wars is over here.... I'm sorry, I don't believe I caught your name." He said, captivated by her emerald irises.

message 24: by lorien (new)

lorien "Hm?" Liora said, tearing her gaze off from the shelves and at the man. "Oh, I'm Liora Hunt. It's a pleasure to meet you if you can help me with my report." She couldn't believe that she wasn't practically begging to him and she hoped he didn't think of her as some bubbly idiot.

message 25: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Liora." He said, enjoying how the word started at the front of the mouth and worked its way to the back as you said it. "I like it, and as a matter of fact I can. What do you need help with." He said, indicating for her to follow him as he walked over to a few shelves he knew contained the books on the world wars.

message 26: by lorien (last edited Jun 02, 2017 09:49PM) (new)

lorien Liora raised an eyebrow at the man but answered quickly as she tailed after him, "I guess we can start with how the war started. I know it sounds silly, but I've never actually collected enough data to see which is true and which isn't." She couldn't believe that this stranger was helping her! Maybe he was a librarian or volunteer and was obligated to do so.

message 27: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Well, here's a book on it but I'll give you the long story short version. Basically the archduke Ferdinand was on a goodwill mission and then some Serbs assassinated him. The Austro Hungarians got mad and said we will go to war with you if you don't meet our demands to Serbia. The demands were impossible to meet so the serbs asked Russia for help. Russia told Austro Hungarian empire that if they hurt the Serbs then they would mobilize its army. Then Germany stepped in saying if you move against Austro Hungary then we'll mobilize against you. Then France was like, hey, if you move against Russia we'll be forced to fight you. Then Germany was like bring it on and initiated a strategy which relied on eliminating France quickly and then focusing on Russia. To do this, they tried surrounding France, but in the process invaded neutral Belgium which outraged Britain. Britain was not going to put up with neutral territories being invaded so they joined. There you have it. America joined later on when Germany tried to get Mexico to attack the US with the Zimmerman note and Russia dropped out half way through because of a civil war." He recited, realizing he was probably boring her to death.

message 28: by lorien (new)

lorien Liora took everything in and wished that she brought her iPod touch to record what he had said and mumbled under her breath. "You wouldn't happen to have some sort of recorder would you? That was amazing and I will just take anything I can get my hands on at this point." She dugged her hands into her coat pockets, hoping to find a notepad and pencil at the very least.

message 29: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Here, let me write it down." He said, taking a piece of paper and a pen out of his bag, scribbling on it furiously. He handed it to her when he was finished and also gave her the book. "You wouldn't happen to be a student here would you?" He asked tentatively.

message 30: by lorien (new)

lorien Liora couldn't help but stare at his handwriting as he wrote down every bit of information she needed. Well, not everything, of course, but this was just a start. "Wow," she said softly, covering her mouth with her hand as she stared at the well written paper. "To answer your question, I am student here. Why?" Hardly anyone ever asked her that question, so to hear it brought itself attention to her.

message 31: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson smiled at this, as he hoped he'd be seeing more of her around. "Oh, ah, you know. Just wanted to know if I'd be seeing you around some more." He replied, blushing slightly. "I uh, I would love to help you out some more if you'd like. The world wars are one of my big interests. I loved learning about it and I would be happy to pass on the info to you." He added, grinning sheepishly.

message 32: by lorien (new)

lorien "You would, would you?" Liora said, looking away from the piece of paper for a moment before staring at the man. "Well any help would certainly be appreciated, however," she smirked widely, "I don't believe I asked for your name. So, who are you mystery person?"

message 33: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson smiled at her and replied, "Names Dawson, Dawson Westerson. Pleasure to meet you." Holding his hand out to shake hers. "Id love to help out, so what else do ya need?" He asked, eager to be of service.

message 34: by lorien (new)

lorien Liora smiled at his enthusiasm as she s politely shook his hand back. Scanning the library around her, she said, "Hmmm. Maybe things like dates and stuff. I really want this to be a good paper as my final report so I want to be sure I get everything correct."

message 35: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Alrighty, I'd suggest this one." He said pulling a volume from the shelf. "World war ones battle guide and timeline." It was a relatively thin volume but it had loads of information packed into every page. He liked it a lot and it sounded like just the book for the job.

message 36: by lorien (new)

lorien "Thank you," Liora said with a smile as she tucked the book under her arm. "You know, I'm glad that we bumped into each other. I'm sorry for my previous behavior just that usually these last minute reports get to me and I tend to have trouble with them," she confessed while sighing.

message 37: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson smiled, "hey, don't worry about it, I understand. Uh, hey Liora, would you maybe want to grab some coffee sometime, or maybe catch a movie?" He asked. He really did not know what had gotten into him as he had never ever been so bold as to ask a girl to hang out before.

message 38: by lorien (new)

lorien Liora glanced at Dawson for a moment and realized he had asked her a question. "Oh! Um, that would be very nice," she stammered, surprised that a boy would even ask her to grab something. Why'd did she have to act like such an idiot when it came to these kind of things? "I would like that. When would you like to go out for coffee or maybe catch a movie?" She smirked as she mimicked his own words.

message 39: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson smiled at his success. He had half expected her to not accept but when she did he almost leaped for joy. "Awesome! Uh, I mean, sweet. Let's do a movie, say uh, tonight? I'll help you finish your paper that way you don't have to worry about it. Does that work?" He asked hopefully.

message 40: by lorien (new)

lorien Liora cocked her head to the side and gave an amused smile, liking how this man could be so sweet and practical at the same time. "Now that certainly seems like a good plan to me however," she leaned forward and asked him softly. "Can I ask if there will be any kissing involved? With the movie, that is."

message 41: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson was taken off guard by the directness of the question but smirked as he had a good response. "Usually I just bring a bag of Hershey kisses and ask the girl if she wants a kiss. If it goes south, I just offer her the bag of chocolate. Surefire way. Never been able to use it before, but looks like I might need some chocolate." He said with a smile.

message 42: by lorien (new)

lorien For the first time in a long time, Liora's face and ears burned furiously. She didn't. . . she didn't mean about the two of them. She wa stalking about the movie itself. "Um, that is. . . that's good to know," she mumbled, her confident demeanor falling away. "But I was actually talking about the movie. If the characters were going to kiss. . ." Great, now she had made a fool out of herself for not being more specific.

message 43: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson smiled as she stammered through her explanation, somewhat amused as she did so. "Haha, the guy always gets the girl, in the movies at least. So I'd assume so. Cmon, let's read and write about the wonders and tragedies of WWI!" He said happily, ecstatic that he'd gotten a date with the intriguing girl.

message 44: by lorien (new)

lorien "I like that idea," Liora said as she gave a weak smile and fumbled with the pad and pen. "So, where we were exactly? Should we start off with dates?"

((Time skippy? Or go through their experience of researching for a nonexistent paper? XD))

message 45: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) ((Lets time skip to him picking her up for the date.))

Dawson had helped her finish the paper and had a good time doing it. He'd gotten to know Loria a bit more and the more he learned, the more taken he was with her. He now stood at the entrance of the library, the place they had agreed to meet back at, waiting for her to show up. He planned to take her to the new Beauty and the Beast movie that had come out, thinking it would be a good one to watch.

((Should we move it to the mall for the movie theater?))

message 46: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) ((You guys should request a movie theater))

message 47: by lorien (new)

lorien ((Perhaps the movie theater? ^.^))

"Okay, sorry! But I'm ready now," Liora said frantically as she stuffed and folded her papers into her many pockets. "So. . . what movie are we going to watch? Or is it a surprise?" As much as Liora hated surprises, occasionally she would find herself actually enjoying whatever people had in store for her.

message 48: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "How about a surprise, keep you guessing. Cmon, the movie theater is only a few blocks from here and I could use a walk." Dawson said cheerfully as they strolled away from the library. He hadn't done anything like this in a loooooong time and he was nervous yet excited for what was in store.

((Want to post in the movie theater?))

message 49: by lorien (new)

lorien ((I would, if I could. Want me to ask for a movie thread?))

message 50: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) ((Oh, crap. Yeah, let's request one.))