Places > Cafe

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
This is the cafe on campus.

message 2: by lorien (new)

lorien ((Sorry for the wait Ev! 😅))

Burt was sitting on a table close to he window as he tapped his fingers on the glass and sipped his black coffee. He was hoping to find someone to talk to but everyone here seem to either be super busy or going on about their own business. Burt let out a sigh in annoyance, clearly not being himself

message 3: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe sashayed into the cafe and grabbed her cup of coffee. She looked around and saw a cute guy sitting by himself.

"Mind if I sit?" Chloe said walking up to the table as she flashed he her biggest cheerleader smile

message 4: by lorien (new)

lorien Cheerleader, maybe? Burt thought as he studied the girl who walked right up to him. "Nope. Sit wherever you want. It won't bother me. Heck, even the floor is comfortable from what I hear."

message 5: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe sat down across from him.

"I'm Chloe," she said, stirring her coffee. This guy didn't melt at the sight of her, which was really nice.

"What's your name?" Chloe asked

message 6: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) ((*nice))

message 7: by lorien (new)

lorien Burtvwas amused at the fact that this girl didn't seem all bubbly like he had expected from most cheerleaders. Maybe he was being too stereotypical. Snapping away from his thoughts, Burt held out a hand and smiled brightly. "It's nice to meet you, Chole. I'm Burt Munro the best person on this entire planet."

message 8: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe feigned a shocked look.

"Really, I could have sworn that I was the best person on the planet," she joked, shaking his hand.

message 9: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) ((Do you still want to do this?))

message 10: by lorien (new)

lorien ((Sorry, mate! I do still want to go through with this.))

Burt smirked at the girl at gulped down the rest of his drink. "I was partially joking but fine. We can both be the best people on this planet. So, are you a student here?"

message 11: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Yup, you?" Chloe said.

message 12: by lorien (new)

lorien "Yup to that as well," Burt said sarcastically. "I understand if I might be prying into your business but. . . where are your friends? Whenever I see girls they're always in clusters. Ready to strike out at you urban you even approach them. Scary, real scary."

message 13: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "They're harassing the football team about the pep rally on Friday," Chloe said. "Do you play any sports?"

message 14: by lorien (new)

lorien "Wonderful," Burt mumbled with a shake of his head. "No, I don't. Never really seen the point in doing it when all they do is bash each other and hav ebroken Bones all for a game."

message 15: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "I totally agree, that's why I do cheer. Although, rather ironically, I have a brown belt in Karate and Judo, so I'm not completely anti-violence," Chloe said

message 16: by lorien (new)

lorien "Ah, well that must be nice. What does the brown belt mean, anyway? Isn't pink the ultimate rank or something in karate?" Burt asked her with an amused look

message 17: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "An brown belt is right before a black belt, and sadly there is no pink belt," Chloe said

message 18: by lorien (new)

lorien "Ha! I would've thought there would be. Especially since a cheerleader is on it," Burt smirked. "So you really good at karate in your instructor's eyes, huh?"

message 19: by Ev (last edited Jun 02, 2017 11:10AM) (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "In my whole dojo's eyes actually," Chloe said. "Not sure that I completely agree with all of them, but they think I'm pretty great."

This guy seemed like he was challenging her a little, and Chloe loved a challange.

message 20: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) ((Do you want Chloe to ask Burt out, or do you want to have him ask? I can do either, just curious))

message 21: by lorien (new)

lorien "Hm, guess you better put that to the test, huh? Maybe you should fight crime around the school yard. Now I that is something I would pay to watch," Burt said as a mischievous smile crept on his face. He wasn't usually much of a gambler but if the girl ever took him up on his offer, that would make his day.

((Oh! Burt can ask her. :D))

message 22: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Find me a criminal," Chloe said, not entirely joking. This guy was a pain but Chloe wasn't totally sure that was a bad thing

message 23: by lorien (new)

lorien "Criminal, got it. What about a bully? Would that work for you or would he be too pathetic for you, dear?" Brut asked her

message 24: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "That works too. Just one thing - I don't start fights, I only end them," Chloe said, smirking at him.

"So what are the stakes?" Chloe asked

message 25: by lorien (last edited Jun 02, 2017 07:43PM) (new)

lorien "Guess that if the guy treats a fellow student like a jerk, then you do your karate chopping moves and we'll go from there. If it goes too far, a couple of guys and I will stop him. But you are a brown belt after all." Hurt rubbed his chin as he spoke. "Maybe if you win, I'll guve you ten bucks. If not, then you have to wear painful high hells."

message 26: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "First of all, ten bucks isn't a good incentive for me, and second, I own approximately 20 pairs of 'painful high heels' and wear them constantly. So, you'll need much higher stakes for me to beat someone up," Chloe said, smirking at him

message 27: by lorien (new)

lorien "Well, why don't you come up with some good steaks, then?" Brut leaned forward in his chair and said, "See? Not so easy is it?"

message 28: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "How about if I beat them, you wear a pair of my 'high hells' for a week?" Chloe offered

message 29: by lorien (new)

lorien "Man," Burt whistled. "You sure know how to strike a hard bargain or. . ." He smirked. "How about I take you out as a friendly little date? Would that be more appealing for you?"

message 30: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Also, I'll do the whole thing without getting myself in any trouble,"
Chloe added

message 31: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "You wouldn't be doing me any favors," Chloe laughed. "I could get any guy in this place to dump his girlfriend and go out with me."

message 32: by lorien (new)

lorien "Very well, high hells it is then," Hurt said, sighing to himself as he leaned back in his chair. "The offer still stands. Oh yeah. You won't get into any trouble so long you're with me."

message 33: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe arched an eyebrow.

"I could stay out of trouble by myself. My family has gone to this school since the founding, I'm cheer captain as a Sophomore, I have perfect grades and a perfect record, and my daddy's rich," she informed him

message 34: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "And, lets just say, I'm an incredible liar, and I know how to stay out of trouble," Chloe added

message 35: by lorien (new)

lorien "My gosh!" Burt said outloud. "Are all cheerleaders relying on their folks for support? Well, can't blame them, I'd totally take advantage over that myself but still. . . Well missy," he stood up from his chair and patted the top of her head, "guess I'll have to find you a bully, and trust me, that's not too far away."

message 36: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "You do that," Chloe said. She finished her coffee in one sip.

"Would you get me another coffee while you're up?" Chloe asked. She was mostly messing with him now, although she wouldn't say no if he did bring her coffee

message 37: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) ((Do you want to be the person Chloe fights, or should I?))

message 38: by lorien (new)

lorien ((Could you please? ^.^))

"Considering I would be spending my hard earned cash? No," Burt decided with a firm nod. "And also because the way you say it came off as if I was your delivery boy. Not saying that I am, but that's how it sounded like."

message 39: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Please," Chloe said, pulling out a handful of cash and throwing it at him. Her dad hated when she did, but Chloe thought it was freaking hilarious.

message 40: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "And everyone's my delivery boy,"Chloe said

message 41: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe threw a second handful of money for good measure

message 42: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) ((You there?))

message 43: by lorien (new)

lorien ((Yes! I'm here.))

"My goodness," Burt said sarcastically. "Do you not care about money that you just throw it carelessly at anyone? What's going to happen to our culture, I wonder."

message 44: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "If you don't get me coffee, I'll throw more," Chloe joked. This sounded exactly like her dad when he was telling her not to do that

message 45: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) ((I thought it wouldn't take long to find a bully, lol))

message 46: by lorien (new)

lorien ((It's a huge school, right? ;-) ))

"Get your own coffee," Burt said with a snort as he stood up and glanced out the window. "Ah, there's your bully. Dirk Cameron," he said as he pointed to the spot where a nerdy looking boy was giving trouble to a younger student. "Go on karate woman," he smirked, "do your chopping thing already."

message 47: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "I'm not beating up someone who's a good inch and a half shorter than me," Chloe said. "Find me like two big guys, so it's actually a challenge for me."

"And I'll go make him stop anyway," she added, standing up

message 48: by Ev (last edited Jun 08, 2017 07:31AM) (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe walked over to them.

"Mind if I butt in," Chloe interrupted. "Dork Cameron, I would advise to leave this kid alone, or the entire school knows your little secret."

Dirk's mouth opened and flapped a little and then stormed off.

Chloe walked grinning back over to the table with Burt.

"Stopped a bully, without any violence," she announced

message 49: by lorien (new)

lorien "Psh. You wanna go find someone bigger and meaner?" Burt asked in a whiny kid voice. "Go to the gym or even the boxing area. You're sure to find some people who are freaks over there."

message 50: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe rolled her eyes hopped up and walked out into the hallway where a huge guy was slamming a nerdy look dude about Chloe's height into a locker.

"Hey, ugly, you really such a scaredy cat that you wouldn't even touch someone who could maybe fight back," Chloe said calmly.

"Listen, princess, walk away, and I'll pretend this never happened," he replied.

"Make me," Chloe snapped

« previous 1