Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > My Book listed under another author

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen | 15 comments Hi,
My book, The Siren's Code (ASIN: B071W5DT99) is listed under another author. Can you please update to my profile?

Thanks!

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20817 comments Moved the Kindle edition to your profile: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

There was already an ebook edition on your profile, without further details.
On GR, Kindle editions (with ASIN, sold through Amazon) and ebooks (usually with isbn, sold through other book sellers) are considered different editions.

Will The Siren's Code only be available on Amazon, or also elsewhere?

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen | 15 comments It will only be available on Amazon. I didn't realize the version on the other authors page was there which is why I created the one on my profile. Is there a way to combine the two editions? Or can I delete one of them?

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20817 comments The cover on Amazon still is the "Cover reveal June 1st" cover.
Since your book will only be available on Amazon, we can merge the placeholder edition that is incorrectly listed as ebook, but I wanted to wait until the final cover is showing on Amazon.

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20817 comments The Amazon listing is updated now, so I've replaced the obvious placeholder cover (cover reveal June 1st) with the actual cover for the Kindle edition: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
The placeholder edition is merged now.

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian Wilkerson (bwnovelist) | 5 comments My book, Transcending Limitations (B071FLQGM1), was linked to a different Brian Wilkerson. This is the fourth this has happened. Please link the book to me. If you could tell me why this keeps happening, that would be great.

message 7: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5196 comments #6 fixed author name & added to series...

message 8: by Brian (new)

Brian Wilkerson (bwnovelist) | 5 comments fRee wrote: "#6 fixed author name & added to series..."

Thank you!

message 9: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5034 comments #6 Brian, you are Brian^^Wilkerson, where the ^ is a space. This is how Goodreads separates authors with identical names. Automated imports will place all books on the default (1 space) profile. If you want to ensure your books don't import on the default profile, you can add a record yourself using the link below your book list on your Author page (not dashboard).

It looks like: "* Note: these are all the books on Goodreads for this author. To add more, click here."

Alternatively, just posting here and saying that you are the two-space Brian Wilkerson will let us move them for you very quickly. Up to you :)

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian Wilkerson (bwnovelist) | 5 comments Emy wrote: "#6 Brian, you are Brian^^Wilkerson, where the ^ is a space. This is how Goodreads separates authors with identical names. Automated imports will place all books on the default (1 space) profile. If..."

That is very helpful. Thank you.