Beta Reader Group discussion

Covers, Blurbs, 1st Line, Query > Can you give my query a quick look? Gay paranormal romance

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nat (last edited May 30, 2017 10:35AM) (new)

Nat Kennedy | 76 comments I'm writing a proposal query, as in the story isn't written yet, and there is a deadline. I pretty much just wrote this and am open to any and all ideas! (and yes, they were still open to vampires, amazing, yeah?)

Thanks.

Nicodemus Green graduated from Charing Academy, a sorcerer school, during a cull year—a year the evil sorcerer Wormwood emerged and brought down death. Wormwood destroyed Nick’s graduating class, killing most, recruiting a few, and leaving Nick and his best friends with a vengeance to hunt him down.

A decade after that horrible day, Nick and his friends find an old Charing instructor, Byron Domitius, fading away at a haunted manor. Byron, a despised instructor, had been turned into a vampire and in a bout of self-loathing, hadn’t fed for five years.

Following a prophecy to finally bring an end to Wormwood, Nick and Byron must bond by blood. It’s a race against time as the two learn to see beyond their past and work their blooded magic together before Wormwood arises again. During these lessons, Nick finds himself desiring more from his old instructor than just his magic. Are these emotions real, or do they come from the heat of their bond?

Blooded is a paranormal romance wrapped up in dark magic, denied sexual attraction, and the need to find something real.

Roughseasinthemed | 263 comments I think that's a pretty good query. It sounds intriguing,

message 3: by Nat (new)

Nat Kennedy | 76 comments Arkinsbow, thanks for the link.

Roughseasinthemed, thanks! Always nice to hear. Appreciate the look at.