Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Always Watching
This topic is about Always Watching
BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✖️Pair C: Vicki and Ramneek (June 2017)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Jul 07, 2017 05:48AM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5510 comments Challenge 2

description
Genre: Thriller
Cover: Black Item
Plot: Psychological
Title: No Articles (a, an, the)
Name: Angela or Dave
Setting: Florida or pub. 2013
Hidden Words: dark, small, mist, red, car

message 2: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments ooh, thriller isn't my go to genre, but I'll start looking now!

message 3: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments For reference:

Genre: If your chosen book is in the same genre as the one given, you'll earn 1 point.
Cover: If the cover of your chosen book fits the requirement, you'll earn 2 points.
Plot: If your chosen book fits at least one of the plots given, you'll earn 3 points.
Title: If at least one word in the book title or series title matches the word given, you'll earn 4 points.
Name: If at least one name of a main character in your chosen book (or a character mentioned at least 5 times) or the name of the author is the same as the name given, you'll earn 5 points.
Setting: If the setting (place or published year) fits the requirement, you'll earn 6 points.
Hidden Words: You'll be given 5 random words. If you find any of them in the book (not the title), you'll earn 1 point for each. 5 points available in total.
Bonus Points:
Extra points will also be given based on how fast each pair finish the book they have chosen.
* Finished by the 7th: 10 points
** Finished 8th-15th: 5 points
*** Finished 16th-End of Month: 1 point

message 4: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments Always Watching by Chevy Stevens
Always Watching
Genre (+1), Cover (+2), Plot (+3), Title (+4), Setting (+6), Hidden Words (all 5)
Total = 21 points

message 5: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments This is really tough, I'm gonna try find some more! :)

message 6: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I found one that has most of the requirements:
Torn Apart (Hero, #1) by M.A. Comley

Genre: 1
Cover: 2
Title: 4
Name: 5
Setting: 6
Hidden Words: 4
Total = 22

It's possible that the plot could also be psychological, but I'm not positive.

message 7: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments I can't seem to find that in any of my local libraries :/ I can get "Always Watching" though. Or we can keep looking if you want?

message 8: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My library has Always Watching by Chevy Stevens so let's make it easy on ourselves and go with it. I spent time looking and so did you and that's all I came up with. I already ordered it so we'll go with that one.

Do you want to read it by June 7? I'm going on vacation June 8 so it'll either be finish by then or it might not be until after June 15.

message 9: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments Okay, fab! I can try to read it by the 7th, if neither of us do I don't mind waiting until you get back from your holiday! :)

message 10: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay sounds good! :)

message 11: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My book is in so I'll pick it up today and possibly start it tomorrow, or if not then on Saturday. My husband wants to go fishing tomorrow and he wants me to go. We'll see. LOL

message 12: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments I'll probably start tomorrow too! That's sweet, enjoy fishing if you do go haha!

message 13: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Well, we didn't go fishing but we are having an "errand" and "prep" day. We have people coming out Monday to put in a new AC/Heater and we have to do all kinds of stuff to get ready for our trip to Cabo, so I still probably won't be able to read this today. But I'll TRY to get in some reading tonight if possible.

message 14: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments Oooh, a trip to Cabo that sounds amazing! No worries if you can't, I'm a pretty slow reader to be honest (thanks to procrastination)

message 15: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'll be getting home in a couple days so I'll try to start it Saturday.

message 16: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments Awesome! Excited to hear what you think. I managed to start it today and read 5 chapters so I'll just spoiler tag my thoughts so you can read them whenever :)
Chapters 1-5
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm home from vacation now so I'll start this one up tomorrow.

How far have you gotten?

message 18: by Ramneek (new)

Ramneek | 360 comments I just finished chapter 10! I wish I could read it faster but I'm in a bit of a reading slump. How was your holiday? :)

Chapters 6-10
(view spoiler)

message 19: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments It was great! And don't worry. I haven't even started yet. Lol