Summer 2017 Bingo Share! discussion

What is your favorite book?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms. Nadler (new)

Ms. Nadler | 1 comments Mod
What books do you like to read?! What's the best book you ever read? What made it so great?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie (kdrame) | 5 comments Mod
The Poisonwood Bible

This is my favorite book because it shows how complicated families can be. It's a really complex story that takes place in the Congo, and it shows what happens when a family of white missionaries come in and try to convert the people living there. They soon learn that they don't really know anything about how to live there. The story is told through the voices of the five women (a mother and four daughters), throughout the course of their lives. Although the father is the minister, his story is only told through the eyes of the others. Every time I reread it, I pick up on something different and it makes me feel connected to history and makes me think about family, faith, and culture.

Check it out!

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (kdrame) | 5 comments Mod
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

This book is a recent favorite! I love the whole series. Every time I finished one, I couldn't wait for the next one (and usually had to wait two years for it)! You won't have that problem, though, because the trilogy is finally complete.

You'll like this book if you like mysteries, unexplained occurrences, and fantastical elements. (The first 30pg or so are a little hard to get through, but once you do, it really pays off!)