Talk Green to Me Book Club discussion

Documentary for June 17 discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Rothrock | 11 comments What are some documentaries that are your must-watch list? let's come up with several suggestions to decide on what are next book-club meeting's discussion will be about.

Looking forward to this and want to post on the zero waste meetup soon!

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 61 comments Mod
Thanks Melissa! I don't have a list and I'm up for anything. :-)

message 3: by Sita (new)

Sita | 2 comments The one I mentioned at our meeting was "Big Boys Gone Bananas!" about the lengths to which Dole went to punish a documentary film maker who exposed unsavory practices used by the banana industry. I don't think it's available on NetFlix anymore but there are several copies of the DVD at the library. Also through Amazon, iTunes, and others.

Some other good docs are "Sustainable", "The Cove", "The True Cost", and "Tapped". I think these four are available through NetFlix.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Rothrock | 11 comments How about we all just watch something interesting that's environmentally-based, then everyone gets a few minutes to talk about the documentary they watched. That way we all can watch something we haven't seen before and everyone gets an open forum to talk.

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 61 comments Mod
That sounds great, I like that idea. Is everyone else ok with this?

message 6: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 16 comments Mod
definitely! maybe we can plan a future day we can all meet and watch one together. who knows?

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Rothrock | 11 comments We're meeting next Thursday on June 15th or on the 22nd?

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 61 comments Mod
Um, I guess it would be the 15th??? We normally meet on the 4th Thursday.

message 9: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 16 comments Mod
I can't make the 22nd, which is our normally scheduled day, but If we meet the evening of the 15th, 16th or 17th I am free... The 15th we could meet at Recycled Reads as we have been, but that is the only day they are open late, so any other day, would have to be at a new location. Just a heads up!

message 10: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 61 comments Mod
I'm going to post on FB for the 15th!

message 11: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 16 comments Mod
Hi everyone!

Great meeting tonight, it was fun to switch it up a bit and get some great documentary recommendations from everyone :)

I found a list of the Academy awarded and nominated environmentalism films from this article - https://greenglobaltravel.com/the-top... It is really worth taking a peak at.

Maybe we can all sit down and watch one the films together on the list someday. See you in July!

-Meghan