Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

As Good as Gone
This topic is about As Good as Gone
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Editions to be combined

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faith (new) - added it

Faith It looks like editions need to be combined. One edition is listed in a giveaway today, but if you look at the list of books by this author, another edition is already there. The giveaway edition doesn't show that I have already shelved it. Thanks.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20234 comments Done

message 3: by Faith (new) - added it

Faith Thanks

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kreeseauthor) | 13 comments Hello! I've messed up somehow. I loaded my book before it was published in Amazon and once it went life it created a second edition (I think because I had accidentally added the series name when I left it off in Goodreads). I've updated the title and have combined the two. However, I would like to instead merge them so that I only have one edition. They're both the same book but the editions are listed as Kindle and Paperback. Would we be able to make it so that one is deleted and I only have one edition, please? Thank you!

message 5: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments #4: It appears that someone else already merged the two editions (of Sin and Cider) you allude to—leaving a Kindle edition with ASIN in the ISBN-10 field. . . .

I’m guessing you created the edition with the misplaced ASIN, the (Amazon auto-import) subsequently created the proper Kindle edition—with ASIN in the correct field—resulting in the duplication, and that the merge attempt deleted the valid Amazon edition, leaving the broken Kindle edition.
Yes, what a mess . . . !

I’ve moved the ASIN to the proper field, and added the page count (from Amazon).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.