All the Books! discussion

Into the Water
This topic is about Into the Water
Archive - Past Group Reads > Into the Water by Paula Hawkins

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
A single mother turns up dead at the bottom of the river that runs through town. Earlier in the summer, a vulnerable teenage girl met the same fate. They are not the first women lost to these dark waters, but their deaths disturb the river and its history, dredging up secrets long submerged.

Left behind is a lonely fifteen-year-old girl. Parentless and friendless, she now finds herself in the care of her mother's sister, a fearful stranger who has been dragged back to the place she deliberately ran from—a place to which she vowed she'd never return.

With the same propulsive writing and acute understanding of human instincts that captivated millions of readers around the world in her explosive debut thriller, The Girl on the Train, Paula Hawkins delivers an urgent, twisting, deeply satisfying read that hinges on the deceptiveness of emotion and memory, as well as the devastating ways that the past can reach a long arm into the present.

Beware a calm surface—you never know what lies beneath.

Start Date: June 1st, 2017

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments So I definitely liked her first book better. This was ok...a decent, quick read.

It seemed like it wrapped up too fast and there was something that wasn't clearly answered for me by the end. Has anyone else finished it?

message 3: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2533 comments I haven't started it yet. I have it ready to go but I have a few others that will be due back before this one. Are the characters more likable? I like the other book but didn't like anyone in it.

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Nope, they're pretty much all terrible people again!

message 5: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2533 comments So it is not full of sunshine and rainbows. lol

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Hahaha precisely

message 7: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
I'm still waiting on my copy from the library! I kinda figured on the character part though. Should be interesting.

message 8: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
My book finally came in today!

message 9: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Finally started this one yesterday!

message 10: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
That poor cat!!

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Omg I know!! Right away that made me hate that character.

message 12: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Yeah! I mean, there are better ways of taking care of a pregnant cat. Give away the kittens for crying out loud!

message 13: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2533 comments ok i havent started this yet. do i want to? i read your comments about the cat

message 14: by Jean (new)

Jean Hill (motorhome123) | 8 comments i yet to buy into the water by paula hawkins. liked her first book. girl on the train. i hope to get people to read my book country life, its my true story, life events & a life saving! i am willing to give away free to read if anyone would like to read it. jean.

message 15: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
I don't think it's a bad book.. it's definitely not a happy go lucky story. Everyone has their own problems.

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments I agree, not a bad book. I'm glad I read it, even though I think this will ultimately be viewed as a "meh" follow-up to Girl on the Train.

About the cat...if you're someone who can't stand animal violence in a book at all. As in, you read that part, then immediately throw the book away, you might want to stay away from this. It's not a huge scene by any means but it's in there. So hard to help you judge without giving away the story haha!