All the Books! discussion

A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about A Promise of Fire
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Buddy Reads > A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet → Start Date: June 5th, 2017

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Brandy and I are starting this one on Monday June 5th, anybody in?

Brie | 568 comments Yes! I should have my copy by then, it says there is only one hold on two copies..

Brandy | 2533 comments I'm good to go

Brandy | 2533 comments I started this last night. Pretty good so far.

message 5: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
I started this on the plane yesterday. I'm only a couple chapters in so far. "Hoi Polloi" makes me laugh.

Brandy | 2533 comments Hope you are going somewhere fun. There is some pretty good character development. Audio is decent too.
I am at the half way point, and I am going to make a prediction (view spoiler)

message 7: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Unfortunately not :( I traveled somewhere for work and back in the same day so I'm home now.

Ack! I gotta catch up. I've got nothing to do tonight after work so I'll make it a reading night.

message 8: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Finished. OMG I need the second book right now. I couldn't put it down!

Brandy | 2533 comments good thing it's out. the 3rd one will be the one we wait for

message 10: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Boo. I'm finishing up another book now for the catch up challenge and then I'll be ready to start the second book. What about you?

Brandy | 2533 comments I have a couple library books to finish. but I should be good in about a week.

message 12: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Sounds good to me. I've got book 2 on hold at the library now.

message 13: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
There's 5 people ahead of me in line... but if you two get it before I do I'll just buy it. I'm too excited to wait.

Brandy | 2533 comments I am in the second book. I am getting a bit put off by all the sex scenes. They don't usually bug me but in this book I feel like it takes away from the story not enhancing it. Lets put the story on hold so we can go do it, ok now back to the regularly scheduled program. But the story itself is pretty good so far. I am a little more than 1/2 way done.

Brandy | 2533 comments almost done, 2nd 1/2 is way better than the first!

message 16: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
My book got taken from me at the library. But it's only 6 bucks on Kindle, I'm gonna buy it.

Brandy | 2533 comments Sara wrote: "My book got taken from me at the library. But it's only 6 bucks on Kindle, I'm gonna buy it."

How did it get taken?

message 18: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
I just used up all my 21 borrow days and had to go back on hold. I bought it today though, so I can jump back in and finish.

Brandy | 2533 comments Ok, I had images of librarians tackling you and taking the book away

message 20: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
That'd be a sight haha

Brandy | 2533 comments It would be a great story. Sara Banned from the library after being tackled.

message 22: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
haha that'd be so upsetting too, but a great story

message 23: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 568 comments I agree Brandy, the sex was a bit over the top in this one for me too.

message 24: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
omg I'm FINALLY going to read the second one....

message 25: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
I don't know if I can do it. So much sex. Normally it doesn't bother me, but it's kind of... uncomfortable the way she never stops talking about it.

Brandy | 2533 comments That is what I said too. Just get through the first 1/2 of the book and it gets back to good and without all the non-stop sex. You will then enter the intense part of the book and it gets good

message 27: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 568 comments Brandy wrote: "That is what I said too. Just get through the first 1/2 of the book and it gets back to good and without all the non-stop sex. You will then enter the intense part of the book and it gets good"

I agree again! It does get better!

Brandy | 2533 comments I really like the 2nd half of the book. The games are exciting

message 29: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Alright you guys convinced me I'll push past the first half. I felt awkward, I started reading it in an airplane on my 10" tablet haha and I never picked it up since because there was just so much sex talk.

Brandy | 2533 comments I had to start just skipping ahead. At times I thought it was 50 shades of grey

message 31: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
That doesn't make me want to pick it up again hah! But I could do that too, just skim those sections.

Brandy | 2533 comments seriously, once you hit the half way point the sex stops and the story gets back on track and gets really exciting.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.