Beyond Reality discussion

Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > 2009-08 Mistborn: favorite characters

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Who were your favorite and/or least/favorite characters in the novel?

message 2: by Pepper (new)

Pepper | 7 comments My favorite character from The Final Empire is Breeze, actually. He's sort of funny in his own, selfinterested way. ;)

message 3: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments Vin is my favorite character. I connected with her immediately.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) I agree that Breeze is pretty humorous. I also like Vin, Kelsier, Ham, and Marsh quite a bit. But Sazed is my favorite....he has an intriguing past and I like the way he handles himself in the current times....

message 5: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I liked all the characters - but I think Elend stands out the most for me. Maybe it was his affinity for reading at parties!

message 6: by Random (last edited Aug 03, 2009 05:22PM) (new)

Random (rand0m1s) | 809 comments For favorite characters it would be Breeze and Elend.

As for least favorite, that's really hard to say. I think overall Brandon Sanderson did a pretty god job with his characters.

message 7: by Kathryn (last edited Aug 04, 2009 02:09PM) (new)

Kathryn (kathry) I find it near impossible to choose a favorite character. I could list everyone already mentioned but I agree with Chris and claim Sazed as a top favorite, as well as Kelsier. Ahh, I just want to list all of the characters.

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (sisimka) I really liked Sazed too and I took quite a liking to Dockson.

message 9: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 178 comments I like them all. But, Sazed is my favorite. I am quite fond of Spook, as well.

message 10: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3108 comments Mod
I'm not one for favorite or least favorite characters, generally, but I thought Spook was a terrific character and I want to see more of him.

message 11: by Shanshad (new)

Shanshad Whelan | 28 comments Hard to say, Sanderson does such good work. Admittedly I'm coming at this from having read all three. I love the fact that his male and female characters are equally interesting to read and believable. I think Breeze is a lot of fun to read, and Sazed. I was a little thrown by the names Kelsier and Shan in the book because I those are names from my own writing.