The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Alien: Covenant

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 1212 comments Saw Alien: Covenant today. I gave it half a star out of ffive on Flixter. I would be hard pressed tothink of a worse movie. Truly, truly awful.

Save your time and money.

(Wonder Woman is getting great reviews,)

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark | 64 comments I didn't think it was terrible ... but it wasn't very good as a series movie, anyways. I mean, what's the point of it? It doesn't really advance the mythology and once the xenomorphs are out the plot proceeds exactly as it does in every other aliens movie ...

And he wants to make two more! It needs to be put to bed ...

message 3: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4190 comments It's funny. I saw it on Friday afternoon with some friends from work, and my immediate post-watching reaction was that it was entertaining enough. Certainly not going to win any awards but it was what I expected it to be.

I've been thinking on it since then, and the more I think on it, the more I downgrade that initial impression. I realized that I called how it would end by about 20 minutes in. And, even by Alien standards, it was rather gory, sometimes just for the sake of having another gory section rather than to actually advance the story.

message 4: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Nagy | 379 comments Thank you Ridley Scott.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin Bootle | 1 comments Yeah... not terrible but hard to see why he's bothering to make this film and prometheus. If it were some new series with different-looking aliens from a different creator, well, i guess we might not be so harsh in our judgement... but yeah, don't get it. Would rather see Gladiator 2 be made!