What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young adult collaboration (2 authors) book, two preteen main characters who write emails to each other. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by melissa (new)

melissa | 5 comments this book I read when I was like 9 or 10, so in 2000 or 2001. it was a collaboration between two female YA authors. one was really popular at the time and her name's on the tip of my tongue but I can't think of it. I thought it was Judy Blume for a second but it wasn't.

there were two girls, the book was them replying to each other in emails mostly. one signed off as "*" as her name or something like that.

I think it took place over a summer and one went to camp. one was more artsy and unique, one was more straightlaced. I think the second, more "preppy/mature" girl was also from a privileged background

I remember the cover having a purple font.

message 2: by Krista (new)

Krista | 148 comments P.S. Longer Letter Later and its sequel, Snail Mail, No More, which is all emails. One of the characters is Tara*Starr.

message 3: by melissa (new)

melissa | 5 comments yessss omg! yessss girl! I was running through my head of all popular female authors at that time and I never would have remembered the Babysitter's Club lady hahaha. Paula Danziger was awesome too but Ann M. Martin was who I meant when I said one of them was very popular at the time.

I'm so excited right now! thank you!