The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > June Scattergories

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 24, 2017 07:20PM) (new)

June Scattergories

01/06/17 - 30/06/17

Points 25

Letter T

Title: The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien - 11/06/17 - 2 points

Author: The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien - 11/06/17 - 1 point

Main Character: Thorn Bathu - Half the World by Joe Abercrombie - 02/06/17 - 1 point

Secondary Character: Theodore Beck - A Million Worlds with You by Claudia Gray - 12/06/17 - 1 point

Location: Terrasen - Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas - 07/06/17- 1 point

Cover: Tanker - Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi - 12/06/17 - 1 point
Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) by Paolo Bacigalupi

Summer: "He worked for Them in The Summer, weeding and harvesting" - Turn Here Sweet Corn: Organic Farming Works by Atina Diffley - Loc 895 - 20/06/17 - 3 points

Winter: "The day was ending too quickly, as if winter were approaching instead of summer (page 132 and line 16) - Nightworld by F. Paul Wilson - 01/06/17 - 3 points

Candy: "I am seeing her packages That smell of coconut candy, filled with dates and citrus, Toy puppets and magic Tricks - Turn Here Sweet Corn: Organic Farming Works by Atina Diffley - Loc 316 - 20/06/17 - 4 points

Father's/Father: "The only unknown is which of my boy cousins will Take over from Their Father - Turn Here Sweet Corn: Organic Farming Works by Atina Diffley - Loc 274 - 20/06/17 - 4 points

Flag: "The warning was like a waving red flag" (Page 78 and line 20) - Nightworld by F. Paul Wilson - 01/06/17 - 2 points

Rose: "a rose colored bird appeared, carrying a Tray of food - Across the Galaxy by Heather Hildenbrand - Loc 2202 - 10/06/17 - 2 points

message 2: by Cheryl (last edited Jun 23, 2017 01:34AM) (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 120 comments June Scattergories

01/06/17 - 30/06/17

Letter T

Items found: 12/12

Title: Trust 17 June (1 pt)
Author: Sally Thorne - The Hating Game 14 June (1 pt)
Main Character: Joshua Templeman - The Hating Game 14 June (1 pt)
Secondary Character: Patrick Templeman - The Hating Game 14 June (1 pt)
Cover: Tie - The Hating Game 14 June (1 pt) The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

Summer: Sugar & Gold 5 June, 9 pts
Despite the dark gray of storm clouds gathering above, the green of summer was vibrant and alive in the numerouse trees that filled the space between shops and the road, and in the grass along the front.

Winter: Spider’s Revenge 2 June. 7 pts
A few small pine trees had sprung up in what I remembered to be the downstairs living room, while weeds and winter wildflowers wound like ribbons through the black, jagged cracks in the stone foundation.

Candy: Sugar & Gold 5 June, 8 pts
The looked to be at the state fair - in the background of the picture was a Ferris wheel - and one of the guys was holding a cone of cotton candy the same color as Fiona's hair.

Father's/Father: The Hating Game 14 June (5 pts)
I thought, when he wants to be a father to me, he’ll make the move.

Flag: Trust 17 June (4 pts)
I slid a bookmark in to flag where I'd been up to, because only an ignorant, soulless monster doomed to burn in hell for all eternity would dog-ear a page.

Rose: Spider’s Revenge 2 June (7 pts)
Hot, sour, bitter bile rose in my throat at the thought of what the Fire elemental would do to my sister, of how she would torture her.

message 3: by Emeli (last edited Jun 07, 2017 01:01AM) (new)

Emeli Webb | 326 comments My spot

June 1, 2017-June 30, 2017

Items:
General
1. Book Title: Tall, Dark and Panther finished 4/6
2. Author: Hearts and Flour by Tara Lain finished 2/6
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

June Specials:

Hoooray for Summer!!!! At least for the Northern Hemisphere. Sorry to the Southern Hemisphere - they are going into Winter. June is National Candy Month. June 20th is World Father's Day, Many countries celebrate their Flag day this month and June's birth flower is a Rose

7. Summer- Her Older Man: Short Stories Collection location 357 the summer house on the lake all of it turned to ash an blew away finished 4/6
8. Winter- Never Doubt location 52 i was so thankful that winter had come to pass because it was always so cold in the loft
9. Candy
10. Father's/Father
11. Flag
12. Rose

message 4: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Jun 15, 2017 07:46AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 699 comments Letter T
Read: 7
Completed: 12/12

Items:
General
1. Book Title: Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley
2. Author: Terry Spear - Winning The Highlander's Heart
3. Main Character: Tella - Caraval
4. Secondary Character: Tash - Three Wishes
5. Place: Trisda - Caraval MC's home City
6. Cover: Turrett - Winning The Highlander's Heart

June Specials:

7. Summer: Dead Heat - Anna dreamed that it was summer and she and Charles were riding in the mountains. (Loc 567) 1 point
8. Winter: Shadow Music - They could protect the ridge for months at a time, and winter fast approached. (Loc 7) 2 points
9. Candy: Dead Heat - “You can stay with me, then,” Maggie said. “We’ll go play some Candy Land.” (Loc 505) 1 point
10. Father:Shadow Music - Yes, he did, but my father often misjudges the time it takes to travel. (Loc 548) 3 points
11. Flag:Dead Heat - She was turning at the white flag before Anna asked her (Loc 532) 1 point
12. Rose: Dead Heat - Anna’s voice rose at the end, as if she weren’t sure they were here at the right time, seeming to allow Ms. Edison a graceful way to reschedule things if she needed to. (Loc 256) 3 points

Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley - 10/06 **** Shadow Music (Highlands' Lairds, #3) by Julie Garwood - 05/06 **** Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber - 07/06 ** Winning the Highlander's Heart (The Highlanders, #1) by Terry Spear - 15/06 ****

message 5: by Lauren (last edited Jun 01, 2017 08:02AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenv) | 114 comments First time trying this one... :)

June Scattergories
6/1/17-6/30/17

Completed: 0/12

Letter T

Items:
General
1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover:

June Specials:

7. Summer
8. Winter
9. Candy
10. Father's/Father
11. Flag
12. Rose

message 6: by JoAnne (last edited Jun 16, 2017 07:35AM) (new)

JoAnne | 36930 comments Mod
Letter T
12/12

Items:

General
1. Book Title: Takedown Twenty Janet Evanovich 6/5/17
2. Author: T. Torrest Down the Shore 6/16/17
3. Main Character: Tabitha Chapel SEAL It With A Kiss Rogenna Brewer 6/8/17
4. Secondary Character: Eli Turner Finding Our Forever Brenda Novak 6/4/17
5. Place: Trenton, NJ Notorious Nineteen Janet Evanovich 6/3/17
6. Cover: Trees The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert The Simplicity of Cider Amy E. Reichert 6/7/17

June Specials:

7. Summer On A Night Like This Barbara Freethy 6/2/17 p 230 "Having navigated Times Square on a summer day, I can definitely agree that the world can be too crowded."

8. Winter: After You Jojo Moyes 6/6/17 p 33 Winter loosened its grip and the spring was beautiful.

9. Candy Takedown Twenty Janet Evanovich 6/5/17 p 32 So I'm just eye candy?

10. Father's On A Night Like This Barbara Freethy 6/2/17 p 1 As a teenager, seeing her father’s car in the driveway when she came home from school had always made Sara Davidson uneasy.

11. Flag Takedown Twenty Janet Evanovich 6/5/17 p 79 A pirate's skull and crossbones flag had been tied to the antenna.

12. Rose Roman Sawyer Bennett 6/3/17 p 46 Her favorite flower is a yellow rose, her birthday is week after next—she’ll be twenty-seven—and she’s never had a relationship last longer than six months.

message 7: by Joann (last edited Jun 14, 2017 09:03AM) (new)

Joann | 1232 comments Items found: 12 / 12

1. Book Title: The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger - 6/11/17- [2 pts]
2. Author: Thomas Some Danger Involved - Will Thomas- 6/5/17 [1 pt]
3. Main Character: Thomas Llewelyn - Some Danger Involved - Will Thomas - 6/5/17 [1 pt]
4. Secondary Character: Tommy A High-End Finish - Kate Carlisle - 6/13/17
5. Place: Three Pines, Dead Cold - Louise Penny - 6/4/17 [1 pt]
6. Cover: Tower of London, Top hat, trench coat - India Black and the Gentleman Thief - Carol Carr - 6/7/17

June Specials:

7. Summer - p.53 “These Types of plants are referred To as SUMMER crop…” [4 pts] - All New Square Foot Gardening - Mel Bartholomew - 6/2/17
8. Winter - p.244 “WINTER squash will Take over…” [2 pts] - All New Square Foot Gardening - Mel Bartholomew - 6/2/17
9. Candy p.222 “He wraps The pot in a cone with Two loops of Twine supporting The bottom, Then finds a bag for my chips and CANDY.” [6pts] Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk - Kathleen Rooney - 6/14/17
10. Father's/Father Thomas Will - p.144 “I had to Tell his FATHER That…” [3pt] - Some Danger Involved - 6/5/17
11. Flag - p.217 “The window is crowded with rows of cut flowers, a hand-labeled price Taped To each vase, above Them a Filipino FLAG…”[5 pts] Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk - Kathleen Rooney - 6/14/17
12. Rose - p.184 “Let me Take a picture beside These ROSES.” [3pt] Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk - Kathleen Rooney - 6/14/17

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Twist, the author would be worth 2 points because both names begin with the letter of the month, the MC would be worth 1 (unless her name is Tessa Towers or something, in which case it would be 1 pt per name). I think the title would only score 1 because we don't usually (as far as I know) count 'The'. For the cover, if there is more than one item on it that begins with the letter of the month then you can count 1 point per item.

To be honest, some people score it differently than others and some (me included) don't score points at all, just try and get each of the items. The points are really just for fun anyway so don't worry about it too much :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Twist wrote: "Thanks for replying. I know that the scores don't really matter, but I kinda play against myself. LOL, I am competitive that way!"

Lol. I know that feeling, I'm pretty competitive too! I just got too confused with the scoring so now I just collect the items! If you go wrong with the scoring, Sharon will help you out :)

message 10: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 30, 2017 09:44AM) (new)

Rebecca Waranch | 55 comments June Scattergories "T"
June 1-June 30, 2017
Items: (7/12)
Books Read: 7

General
1. Book Title: The Three Crowns: The Story of William and Mary by Jean Plaidy 6/11/17 (1 pt)
2. Author: The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown 6/20/17 (1 pt)
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character: Titus Oates The Pleasures of Love by Jean Plaidy 6/9/17 (1 pt)
5. Place: Thailand Cockroaches by Jo Nesbø 6/13/17 (1 pt)
6. Cover: trees and throne Sex with the Queen: 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman 6/29/17
Sex with the Queen 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman

June Specials:
7. Summer "by the time another summer came, the tension between my cousin and me grew suffocating" (p.274) Three Maids for a Crown by Ella March Chase 6/27/17 (6 pts)
8. Winter
9. Candy
10. Father's/Father "she planned to stay in town only long enough to help her father straighten out some tax troubles" (p.39) Sleep No More by Greg Iles 6/24/17 (6 pts)
11. Flag
12. Rose

The Three Crowns The Story of William and Mary by Jean Plaidy The Pleasures of Love (Queens of England, #9) by Jean Plaidy Cockroaches (Harry Hole, #2) by Jo Nesbø The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown Sleep No More  by Greg Iles Three Maids for a Crown by Ella March Chase Sex with the Queen 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Twist wrote: "So if the title had Terrific Tattoo instead of The Tattoo, then I could count the extra T? .."

That's right :)

message 12: by JoAnne (new)

I did not realize this and in one of the past months, I might have used an article for a title. Whoops!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

JoAnne wrote: "I did not realize this and in one of the past months, I might have used an article for a title. Whoops!"

If you did, we didn't notice :P

message 14: by Marie (last edited Jun 30, 2017 12:37PM) (new)

Marie | 64 comments I'm in!
June Scattergories "T"
June 1-June 30, 2017
Items: 12/12
Books Read: TitheMoving Pictures

General
1. Book Title : Tithe by Holy Black 10/6/2017 1pt
2. Author : Terry Pratchett Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
3. Main Character : Victor Tugelbend - Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
4. Secondary Character : Theda Withel - Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
5. Place : Theater - Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
6. Cover : Tripod - Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
Moving Pictures (Discworld, #10) by Terry Pratchett

June Specials:
7. Summer The Ankh had been particularly high that summer, and most of the city had been too damp to burn. 60%, Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett 11/6/2017, 6pt
8. Winter The room was full of the kind of light you got when you woke up on a winter’s morning and knew, by the light, that it had snowed. 70% Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett 11/6/2017, 5pt
9. Candy "I brought you some candy," Janet said to Kenny. 4% Tithe by Holly Black 10/6/2017 2pt
10. Father's/Father It’s all the sons who become blacksmiths because their fathers were blacksmiths. 40% Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett 11/6/2017, 3pt
11. Flag My mouse hovers over the Send button for a few moments… hovers still, as my eyes migrate toward the three-hundred-page manuscript collecting dust on my bookshelf which desperately needs some military flair that I simply can’t inject, being the daughter of two accountants whose most patriotic experience is hanging our flag out on the Fourth of July. 2% BFF'ed by Kate Aster 27/6/2017, 7pts.
12. Rose “Yeah, an’ then she said, ‘You are in great danger, for my father has sworn to kill you,’ and Victor said, ‘But now, o fairest rose, I can reveal that I am really the Shadow of the Dessert—’” 37% Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett 11/6/2017, 6pt

message 15: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 699 comments Lauren wrote: "First time trying this one... :)
"

Enjoy! It's one of my monthly favourites :)

message 16: by Rosa (last edited Jun 22, 2017 10:34AM) (new)

Rosa | 2106 comments I'm in

Letter "T"

Items:
General
1. Book Title - The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie
2. Author - A.J. Truman wrote Out in the Open
3. Main Character - Off Campus by Amy Jo Cousins (Tom)
4. Secondary Character - Fire and Water by Andrew Grey (Terry)
5. Place - Trenton, New Jersey Hot Six by Janet Evanovich
6. Cover - That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr (trees)
That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr

June Specials:
7. Summer - "He had come across her at the watering place where he had spent two month in the summer." (p 56) The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie
8. Winter - "Caroline and I were hot and heavy that winter." (loc 1026) That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr
9. Candy - The girls would throw candy from the windows of the business pickup. (loc 1785) That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr
10. Father's/Father - "Yes, the child inherits the last name of the father and that family name extends on and on, but the father who bore the child is good and dead." (loc 2722) My Immortal Romance by Julius St. Clair
11. Flag - The two vets continued on, putting flags out to indicate that a property had been searched. (loc 2774) That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr
12. Rose - "It took me a minute or two to pull myself together; then I realised that the grave-digger was Newman's gardender, and the 'grave' was destined to accommodate three new rose trees which were lying on the turf waiting for the moment they should be securely planted in the earth." (p 38) The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie

Books used:
My Immortal Romance by Julius St. Clair (6/8/17)
The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple, #2) by Agatha Christie (6/10/17)
That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr (6/11/17)
Fire and Water (Carlisle Cops, #1) by Andrew Grey (6/11/17)
Off Campus (Bend or Break, #1) by Amy Jo Cousins (6/15/17)
Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6) by Janet Evanovich (6/18/17)
Out in the Open (Browerton University, #1) by A.J. Truman (6/22/17)

message 17: by Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (last edited Jun 07, 2017 05:23AM) (new)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) | 7 comments I will give this a go :-)

June Scattergories

01/06/17 - 30/06/17

Letter T

Title: Toy Box Mystery Kathleen Julian 6/1/17 [1 pt]
Author:
Main Character: Tommi Grayson - Who's Afraid Too? by Maria Lewis [1 pt]
Secondary Character:

Summer:
Winter:
Candy:
Father's/Father:
Flag:
Rose:

message 18: by Joann (last edited Jun 14, 2017 09:34AM) (new)

Joann | 1232 comments Finished!

Items found: 12 / 12

1. Book Title: The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger - 6/11/17- [2 pts]
2. Author: Thomas Some Danger Involved - Will Thomas- 6/5/17 [1 pt]
3. Main Character: Thomas Llewelyn - Some Danger Involved - Will Thomas - 6/5/17 [1 pt]
4. Secondary Character: Tommy A High-End Finish - Kate Carlisle - 6/13/17
5. Place: Three Pines, Dead Cold - Louise Penny - 6/4/17 [1 pt]
6. Cover: Tower of London, Top hat, trench coat - India Black and the Gentleman Thief (Madame of Espionage, #4) by Carol K. Carr - Carol Carr - 6/7/17

June Specials:

7. Summer - p.53 “These Types of plants are referred To as SUMMER crop…” [4 pts] - All New Square Foot Gardening - Mel Bartholomew - 6/2/17
8. Winter - p.244 “WINTER squash will Take over…” [2 pts] - All New Square Foot Gardening - Mel Bartholomew - 6/2/17
9. Candy p.222 “He wraps The pot in a cone with Two loops of Twine supporting The bottom, Then finds a bag for my chips and CANDY.” [6pts] Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk - Kathleen Rooney - 6/14/17
10. Father's/Father Thomas Will - p.144 “I had to Tell his FATHER That…” [3pt] - Some Danger Involved - 6/5/17
11. Flag - p.217 “The window is crowded with rows of cut flowers, a hand-labeled price Taped To each vase, above Them a Filipino FLAG…”[5 pts] Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk - Kathleen Rooney - 6/14/17
12. Rose - p.184 “Let me Take a picture beside These ROSES.” [3pt] Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk - Kathleen Rooney - 6/14/17

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Well done Joann! Can you post the cover for item 6 please?

message 20: by Joann (new)

Joann | 1232 comments Caroline wrote: "Well done Joann! Can you post the cover for item 6 please?"

Oops - done. All the items are behind the woman

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Joann :)

message 22: by Maureen (last edited Jun 16, 2017 03:01AM) (new)

Maureen | 153 comments I'm in:

T

1. Book Title:
2. Author:
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character:
5. Place:
6. Cover: Typewriter Misery by Stephen King - 1 point

June Specials:

7. Summer: "Misery had entered The rosy summer of her pregnancy, morning sickness behind her, The final rising of her belly and its attendant discomfort still ahead, and she had cheerfully sent The Two man off for a week." - Misery - p153. 5 points

8. Winter: "of The Congregational church's cemetary as she entered it To put flowers on The grave of her husband, who had died The previous winter." - Misery - p155. 5 points

9. Candy: They all looked like candy: a piece of bubblegume, a Hershey Bar, a Tootsie Roll." - Misery - p195. 3 points

10. Father's/Father: "Misery would later discover her father down There in Africa hanging out with The Bourka Bee People." - Misery - p224. 3 points

11. Flag

12. Rose: "He might have believed That The fever Dr Shinebone had almost gleefully predicted had come on him at last, and with a vengeance, but it wasn't fever which had simultaneously brought wild red roses To his cheeks and Turned his forehead To The color of candlewax, not fever which made his hands shake so badly That he almost dropped The decanter." - Misery - p142 (sorry really long sentence :/) 9 points

message 23: by Rina (last edited Jun 23, 2017 02:53PM) (new)

Rina | 1084 comments June Scattergories
Duration: 01.06.2017 - 30.06.2017
Found: 12/12

Items:
General
1. Book Title: Tiefe Schuld, Manuela Obermeier, 15.06.2017
2. Author: Das Herz der verlorenen Dinge, Tad Williams, 03.06.2017
3. Main Character: Tiefe Schuld, Manuela Obermeier, 15.06.2017 - Toni Stieglitz
4. Secondary Character: Hallowed, Cynthia Hand, 22.06.2017 - Tucker Avery
5. Place: Hallowed, Cynthia Hand, 22.06.2017 - Teton Pass
6. Cover: Tiefe Schuld, Manuela Obermeier, 15.06.2017 - Trees
Tiefe Schuld (Toni Stieglitz, #2) by Manuela Obermeier

June Specials:

7. Summer
The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks, 16.06.2017 - "She seemed that good, that perfect, while a summer wind blew through the trees.", p. 12

8. Winter
The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks, 16.06.2017 - "Winter was coming, and he'd spent a few days at her place last week repairing her roof, ...", p. 29

9. Candy
Eva Luna, Isabel Allende, 03.06.2017 - "..., and Riad Halabi gave each a cigarette or a piece of candy", p. 164

10. Father's/Father
The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks, 16.06.2017 - "It was how he relaxed, a routine he'd learned fro his father.", p. 6

11. Flag
Eva Luna, Isabel Allende, 03.06.2017 - "...; two others were climbing the facade of the church to hang a flag there", p. 233

12. Rose
The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks, 16.06.2017 - "The sky grew darker and the moon rose higher as the evening wore on.", p. 69

message 24: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Jun 15, 2017 07:47AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 699 comments COMPLETION
Letter T
Read: 4
Completed: 12/12
(view spoiler)

message 25: by JoAnne (new)

FINISHED
Letter T
12/12

Items:

General
1. Book Title: Takedown Twenty Janet Evanovich 6/5/17
2. Author: T. Torrest Down the Shore 6/16/17
3. Main Character: Tabitha Chapel SEAL It With A Kiss Rogenna Brewer 6/8/17
4. Secondary Character: Eli Turner Finding Our Forever Brenda Novak 6/4/17
5. Place: Trenton, NJ Notorious Nineteen Janet Evanovich 6/3/17
6. Cover: Trees The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert The Simplicity of Cider Amy E. Reichert 6/7/17

June Specials:

7. Summer On A Night Like This Barbara Freethy 6/2/17 p 230 "Having navigated Times Square on a summer day, I can definitely agree that the world can be too crowded."

8. Winter: After You Jojo Moyes 6/6/17 p 33 Winter loosened its grip and the spring was beautiful.

9. Candy Takedown Twenty Janet Evanovich 6/5/17 p 32 So I'm just eye candy?

10. Father's On A Night Like This Barbara Freethy 6/2/17 p 1 As a teenager, seeing her father’s car in the driveway when she came home from school had always made Sara Davidson uneasy.

11. Flag Takedown Twenty Janet Evanovich 6/5/17 p 79 A pirate's skull and crossbones flag had been tied to the antenna.

12. Rose Roman Sawyer Bennett 6/3/17 p 46 Her favorite flower is a yellow rose, her birthday is week after next—she’ll be twenty-seven—and she’s never had a relationship last longer than six months.

message 26: by Rosa (new)

Rosa | 2106 comments Finished:

Letter "T"

Items:
General
1. Book Title - The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie
2. Author - A.J. Truman wrote Out in the Open
3. Main Character - Off Campus by Amy Jo Cousins (Tom)
4. Secondary Character - Fire and Water by Andrew Grey (Terry)
5. Place - Trenton, New Jersey Hot Six by Janet Evanovich
6. Cover - That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr (trees)
That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr

June Specials:
7. Summer - "He had come across her at the watering place where he had spent two month in the summer." (p 56) The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie
8. Winter - "Caroline and I were hot and heavy that winter." (loc 1026) That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr
9. Candy - The girls would throw candy from the windows of the business pickup. (loc 1785) That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr
10. Father's/Father - "Yes, the child inherits the last name of the father and that family name extends on and on, but the father who bore the child is good and dead." (loc 2722) My Immortal Romance by Julius St. Clair
11. Flag - The two vets continued on, putting flags out to indicate that a property had been searched. (loc 2774) That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr
12. Rose - "It took me a minute or two to pull myself together; then I realised that the grave-digger was Newman's gardender, and the 'grave' was destined to accommodate three new rose trees which were lying on the turf waiting for the moment they should be securely planted in the earth." (p 38) The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie

Books used:
My Immortal Romance by Julius St. Clair (6/8/17)
The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple, #2) by Agatha Christie (6/10/17)
That Perfect Place by M.L. Carr (6/11/17)
Fire and Water (Carlisle Cops, #1) by Andrew Grey (6/11/17)
Off Campus (Bend or Break, #1) by Amy Jo Cousins (6/15/17)
Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6) by Janet Evanovich (6/18/17)
Out in the Open (Browerton University, #1) by A.J. Truman (6/22/17)

message 27: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 120 comments Finished!

June Scattergories

01/06/17 - 30/06/17

Letter T

Items found: 12/12

Title: Trust 17 June (1 pt)
Author: Sally Thorne - The Hating Game 14 June (1 pt)
Main Character: Joshua Templeman - The Hating Game 14 June (1 pt)
Secondary Character: Patrick Templeman - The Hating Game 14 June (1 pt)
Cover: Tie - The Hating Game 14 June (1 pt) The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

Summer: Sugar & Gold 5 June, 9 pts
Despite the dark gray of storm clouds gathering above, the green of summer was vibrant and alive in the numerouse trees that filled the space between shops and the road, and in the grass along the front.

Winter: Spider’s Revenge 2 June. 7 pts
A few small pine trees had sprung up in what I remembered to be the downstairs living room, while weeds and winter wildflowers wound like ribbons through the black, jagged cracks in the stone foundation.

Candy: Sugar & Gold 5 June, 8 pts
The looked to be at the state fair - in the background of the picture was a Ferris wheel - and one of the guys was holding a cone of cotton candy the same color as Fiona's hair.

Father's/Father: The Hating Game 14 June (5 pts)
I thought, when he wants to be a father to me, he’ll make the move.

Flag: Trust 17 June (4 pts)
I slid a bookmark in to flag where I'd been up to, because only an ignorant, soulless monster doomed to burn in hell for all eternity would dog-ear a page.

Rose: Spider’s Revenge 2 June (7 pts)
Hot, sour, bitter bile rose in my throat at the thought of what the Fire elemental would do to my sister, of how she would torture her.

message 28: by Rina (new)

Rina | 1084 comments Finished!

June Scattergories
Duration: 01.06.2017 - 30.06.2017
Found: 12/12

Items:
General
1. Book Title: Tiefe Schuld, Manuela Obermeier, 15.06.2017
2. Author: Das Herz der verlorenen Dinge, Tad Williams, 03.06.2017
3. Main Character: Tiefe Schuld, Manuela Obermeier, 15.06.2017 - Toni Stieglitz
4. Secondary Character: Hallowed, Cynthia Hand, 22.06.2017 - Tucker Avery
5. Place: Hallowed, Cynthia Hand, 22.06.2017 - Teton Pass
6. Cover: Tiefe Schuld, Manuela Obermeier, 15.06.2017 - Trees
Tiefe Schuld (Toni Stieglitz, #2) by Manuela Obermeier

June Specials:

7. Summer
The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks, 16.06.2017 - "She seemed that good, that perfect, while a summer wind blew through the trees.", p. 12

8. Winter
The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks, 16.06.2017 - "Winter was coming, and he'd spent a few days at her place last week repairing her roof, ...", p. 29

9. Candy
Eva Luna, Isabel Allende, 03.06.2017 - "..., and Riad Halabi gave each a cigarette or a piece of candy", p. 164

10. Father's/Father
The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks, 16.06.2017 - "It was how he relaxed, a routine he'd learned fro his father.", p. 6

11. Flag
Eva Luna, Isabel Allende, 03.06.2017 - "...; two others were climbing the facade of the church to hang a flag there", p. 233

12. Rose
The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks, 16.06.2017 - "The sky grew darker and the moon rose higher as the evening wore on.", p. 69

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 25, 2017 11:24AM) (new)

Completed

Points 25

Letter T

Title: The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien - 11/06/17 - 2 points

Author: The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien - 11/06/17 - 1 point

Main Character: Thorn Bathu - Half the World by Joe Abercrombie - 02/06/17 - 1 point

Secondary Character: Theodore Beck - A Million Worlds with You by Claudia Gray - 12/06/17 - 1 point

Location: Terrasen - Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas - 07/06/17- 1 point

Cover: Tanker - Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi - 12/06/17 - 1 point
Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) by Paolo Bacigalupi

Summer: "He worked for Them in The Summer, weeding and harvesting" - Turn Here Sweet Corn: Organic Farming Works by Atina Diffley - Loc 895 - 20/06/17 - 3 points

Winter: "The day was ending too quickly, as if winter were approaching instead of summer (page 132 and line 16) - Nightworld by F. Paul Wilson - 01/06/17 - 3 points

Candy: "I am seeing her packages That smell of coconut candy, filled with dates and citrus, Toy puppets and magic Tricks - Turn Here Sweet Corn: Organic Farming Works by Atina Diffley - Loc 316 - 20/06/17 - 4 points

Father's/Father: "The only unknown is which of my boy cousins will Take over from Their Father - Turn Here Sweet Corn: Organic Farming Works by Atina Diffley - Loc 274 - 20/06/17 - 4 points

Flag: "The warning was like a waving red flag" (Page 78 and line 20) - Nightworld by F. Paul Wilson - 01/06/17 - 2 points

Rose: "a rose colored bird appeared, carrying a Tray of food - Across the Galaxy by Heather Hildenbrand - Loc 2202 - 10/06/17 - 2 points

message 30: by Marie (new)

Marie | 64 comments Finished!
I'm in!
June Scattergories "T"
June 1-June 30, 2017
Items: 12/12
Books Read: TitheMoving Pictures

General
1. Book Title : Tithe by Holy Black 10/6/2017 1pt
2. Author : Terry Pratchett Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
3. Main Character : Victor Tugelbend - Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
4. Secondary Character : Theda Withel - Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
5. Place : Theater - Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
6. Cover : Tripod - Moving Pictures 11/6/2017 1pt
Moving Pictures (Discworld, #10) by Terry Pratchett

June Specials:
7. Summer The Ankh had been particularly high that summer, and most of the city had been too damp to burn. 60%, Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett 11/6/2017, 6pt
8. Winter The room was full of the kind of light you got when you woke up on a winter’s morning and knew, by the light, that it had snowed. 70% Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett 11/6/2017, 5pt
9. Candy "I brought you some candy," Janet said to Kenny. 4% Tithe by Holly Black 10/6/2017 2pt
10. Father's/Father It’s all the sons who become blacksmiths because their fathers were blacksmiths. 40% Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett 11/6/2017, 3pt
11. Flag My mouse hovers over the Send button for a few moments… hovers still, as my eyes migrate toward the three-hundred-page manuscript collecting dust on my bookshelf which desperately needs some military flair that I simply can’t inject, being the daughter of two accountants whose most patriotic experience is hanging our flag out on the Fourth of July. 2% BFF'ed by Kate Aster 27/6/2017, 7pts.
12. Rose “Yeah, an’ then she said, ‘You are in great danger, for my father has sworn to kill you,’ and Victor said, ‘But now, o fairest rose, I can reveal that I am really the Shadow of the Dessert—’” 37% Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett 11/6/2017, 6pt

message 31: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Waranch | 55 comments June Scattergories "T"
June 1-June 30, 2017
Items: (7/12)
Books Read: 7

General
1. Book Title: The Three Crowns: The Story of William and Mary by Jean Plaidy 6/11/17 (1 pt)
2. Author: The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown 6/20/17 (1 pt)
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character: Titus Oates The Pleasures of Love by Jean Plaidy 6/9/17 (1 pt)
5. Place: Thailand Cockroaches by Jo Nesbø 6/13/17 (1 pt)
6. Cover: trees and throne Sex with the Queen: 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman 6/29/17
Sex with the Queen 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman

June Specials:
7. Summer "by the time another summer came, the tension between my cousin and me grew suffocating" (p.274) Three Maids for a Crown by Ella March Chase 6/27/17 (6 pts)
8. Winter
9. Candy
10. Father's/Father "she planned to stay in town only long enough to help her father straighten out some tax troubles" (p.39) Sleep No More by Greg Iles 6/24/17 (6 pts)
11. Flag
12. Rose

The Three Crowns The Story of William and Mary by Jean Plaidy The Pleasures of Love (Queens of England, #9) by Jean Plaidy Cockroaches (Harry Hole, #2) by Jo Nesbø The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown Sleep No More  by Greg Iles Three Maids for a Crown by Ella March Chase Sex with the Queen 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman