Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
This topic is about Glass Sword
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Glass Sword (Red Queen #2), by Victoria Aveyard → Start Date: July 10th, 2017

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Join me and Vicki as we read this second book of the Red Queen series!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Woo hoo! Finally I'm going to read book 2!

Thanks, Kiki.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments You're welcome :)

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 204 comments I'd love to join you.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Welcome :)

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Are you planning on starting this tomorrow? I've got a nine hour flight ahead of me so I should at least get started 😀

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 204 comments Yes, I'm planning to start tomorrow. I am reading a couple books right now, so I'm probably going to be slow.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I also have a flight about 8 1/2 hours ahead of me tomorrow BUT I am literally stressing over which books to take and what to read. LOL

I hate to take that book because the cover is SO pretty and I'm afraid I'll ruin it. LOL

Kikijanika | 2936 comments 😀 It'd be a pity if the pretty cover got ruined Vicki. I'll probably take at least 3 books and this is one of them. So don't worry about the pace Diane. And also I'm travelling for 10 days and won't probably have so much time to read.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I decided to take it but I took the cover off & I'm leaving that home.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Oh...that was clever!😄

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha, I should have just left ALL my books at home except for one or my NOOK because I got nothing read to speak of! I did read from one book but didn't even finish that one. I had SO much fun though!

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Yeah..I've read like one chapter from this. Today I'm heading home so perhaps then I'll get back on track.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments It's so funny how many things can throw us off our reading schedules/goals. I rarely can stick to my daily goals because something is always coming up.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Yeah...so much stuff always going on.

message 16: by Kikijanika (last edited Jul 21, 2017 09:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kikijanika | 2936 comments I finally got properly started and have now read 6 first chapters.

The beginning of the book seems interesting. I understand why the guard (view spoiler)

Farley seems to be (view spoiler)

I can't wait to see more of (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My husband is off today so we hit a movie and now we are doing things around the house, so I probably won't get to this one today but hopefully tomorrow or possibly Sunday. My reading spot is upside down. LOL The spring broke in the couch on my side so our entire living room area is a disaster. LOL

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Oh no! I hope you get the couch fixed! I'm trying to get as much reading done as I can before I go back to work after 5 days. But I don't mind if you guys will read slower ☺

message 19: by Kikijanika (last edited Jul 23, 2017 01:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kikijanika | 2936 comments I finished chapter 11.

For a moment I actually thought (view spoiler)

It seems we'll be following (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments How's it going Kiki? You liking it so far?

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Yes, I like it. But I think there's a slower phase coming up now.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ugh...hope it speeds up!

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Vicki wrote: "Ugh...hope it speeds up!"

Haha :D Me too!

message 24: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 204 comments I'm sorry guys. I just could not get into this book. It is so much dryer than I remember Red Queen being. I'm going to try rereading Red Queen and see if that helps.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Yeah, I also think Red Queen was better. And I've heard several people say nothing really happens in this one. You're not alone with your opinion ☺

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kiki, did you stop reading this one or did you finish because your rating doesn't show.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Oh, I'm actually still in the middle of it. Just have been concentrating on other books I need to finish first. I hope to continue this in a couple of days ☺

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No worries because I haven't started it yet. My family is gone back to their homes now :( so I'll be getting more reading done now.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Good to know I'm not in a hurry 😀

message 30: by Kikijanika (last edited Aug 11, 2017 08:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kikijanika | 2936 comments I'm finally done with chapter 20.

This part of the story has been ok but not particularly exciting. It's interesting to see (view spoiler)

Somehow I keep expecting that (view spoiler)

I wonder where (view spoiler)

Kikijanika | 2936 comments I finished.

On the whole this wasn't as good as Red Queen. It was slower and concentrated too much on (view spoiler)

I liked how (view spoiler)

I liked (view spoiler)

The ending looked promising. (view spoiler)

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay!! I'm so glad you liked it too!!

I'm hoping to jump in to Buddy read book 3 with you guys!!!

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Yes! We must definitely buddy read it!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm glad you both liked it! I have yet to get to it so but hopefully soon.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Hopefully ☺