Brilliant Books You've Never Heard Of discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Nominations > First Book Nominations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin B. (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) As this club is completely brand new, we're going to open up nominations until we reach five books. Once we have a total of five, I will close this thread and open a poll so we can vote.

The criteria for a nomination:
-Published after 1960, but at least 6 months old.
-No more than 3,000 Goodreads ratings
-No Author Self-promotion

That's it! Feel free to recommend something you've already read and want to share. Or, something that you stumbled across that seems fantastic and you would like to share with the group! Happy treasure hunting!

message 2: by Kristin B. (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) I'll kick things off by nominating Divorcing Jack. I've been meaning to read it since I saw the movie years ago.

When I looked it up on Goodreads I was surprised to see that it only had ~1,400 reviews, since there was a movie. Then again, I think it was a fairly obscure movie.

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark | 10 comments I would like to nominate The Wolf of the North. Not many people have read it and I think it is a shame.

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark | 10 comments Also A Secret Atlas. This one was a delightful surprise.

message 5: by Kristin B. (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) As soon as we have two more nominations I can put up a poll for our first book. I would love to have the poll up by the 10th. I figure we will leave it open until the 20th for voting. That way we will have about 10 days to get the winning book and start reading for July. So make sure you post your hidden gems!

message 6: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence C | 2 comments I nominate She Wolf and Cub. It seems like it would be a good time.

message 7: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 4 comments I would like to nominate The Seeing Stone. It's intense and fun and underappreciated.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.