Reading with Style discussion

RwS Summer 2017 > 10.6 Anagrams

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6146 comments 10.6 Anagrams
Read a book whose title includes a 6-letter or longer word you can make using the letters "Reading with Style". Your word can have two e's, i's or t's because those letters are repeated in our group name, but the other letters can appear only once.

message 2: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited May 29, 2017 02:28PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12316 comments I'm pretty good at making little words out of big words, but Kate had to take me to school on this one because I didn't follow the directions properly. The word must actually be spelled out in the title or subtitle - you can't scramble the letters in the title to make a word with the the RwS letters.

The Book of Daniel (Daniel) or
Union Street (street)

Edit:

No possessives/contractions and the qualifying word must stand on its own, not be part of a longer word. I offered The Russländer to qualify for "slander" but we aren't going to extend things that way.

message 3: by Rosemary (last edited May 29, 2017 02:25PM) (new)

Rosemary | 2950 comments Here I come with the first awkward question ...

I plan to read Destiny's Rebel this season. Destiny would work, but there's no second S. Does the apostrophe+S disqualify it?

(I adore this task, by the way!)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12316 comments Yes, unfortunately. I should have mentioned that above, and will edit that post. No possessives/contractions and the qualifying word must stand on its own, not be part of a longer word. I offered The Russländer to qualify for "slander" but we aren't going to extend things that way.

message 5: by Rosemary (last edited May 29, 2017 03:41PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12316 comments All of those work!

message 7: by Jayme (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12316 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "Letters from Skye(letters)"

Yes!

message 9: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 2288 comments Thanks :)

message 10: by Connie (new)

Connie G (connie_g) | 1397 comments This is a fun task. I found two on my list of books for the summer.

Small Great Things (things)
A Spool of Blue Thread (thread)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12316 comments My favorite so far of the books I have slotted is
They Hanged My Saintly Billy: The Life and Death of Dr. William Palmer because it has two words - hanged and saintly. I'll post it for 20.3 Historical, but I'd feel deserving of two combos for it.

message 12: by Deedee (last edited May 30, 2017 10:38PM) (new)

Deedee | 1911 comments The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Sawyer) :)

also
English
Riding

message 13: by Beth (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12316 comments Beth wrote: "Do subtitles qualify? I Gotta Crow: Women, Voice, and Writing"

Yes, the word can be in the subtitle.