Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book under other Authors Name

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Schell | 4 comments My book Impurity Broken seals book 1 by Jennifer Schell is under a different author with the same name. How can this be fixed and stopped from happening to future novels released, thank you.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6162 comments You don't use an author profile at the moment - you're using an user profile.
moved that book to the 3 space profile (jennifer^^^Schell) https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... you can claim that as author by clicking "is this you,let us know" your user profile will then be merged into that author profile.
Are there any other books yours?

(GR uses spaces to differentiate between authors of the same name, so the amount of spaces between first and last name determines to which profile the book goes, so in future you need to enter your name with 3 spaces between the name if they should go to your profile - in case you need assistance by librarian it's tremendously helpful just to mention the spaces)
These spaces do not affect search results.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Schell | 4 comments Nope that is the only book, Thank you!

I'm sorry I'm a little confused, I understand the spaces determines where the books go, and I understand they go between my first and last name but, where do I initially put the name with the spaces? Does it have to be my in my amazon Author information with the 3 spaces? because when I published on amazon it automatically showed up under the other Author.

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19903 comments Books that are imported by Goodreads from Amazon or other sources will end up on the default = 1 space author profile.
When one of your books is on that profile, you'll have to ask here in the Librarians Group to have it moved to your profile.

When you have a new book and add it to your profile yourself (before it is imported), you'll have to add the author name with the 3 spaces when adding the book to GR.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Schell | 4 comments Thank you!!