Dodgers Dodgers question

Unsure about the ending (spoilers!)
Dan Readerson Dan May 29, 2017 11:04AM
I am a bit confused by the ending, specifically Ty’s revelations. The whole assassination has been a convoluted ploy to get the kids out of the city, because Fin wants to turn himself in for some reason? Wouldn’t there be simpler, safer ways to get them out, for example: just telling them? And was Ty in on it the whole time? And even though Fin wanted to turn himself in, he is still running things now, and Ty respects him so much that he goes to get his brother back, whom he wants to kill, when he also mocks East for always following Fin’s orders? Additionally, I find it a bit hard to believe that Ty is some sort of all-knowing genius gangster-ninja at 13/14 years old.

I feel like I must have missed something.

hmm...all very fair questions. I loved this book so much, and I had so much sympathy for the main character, that I must admit I didn't "look too critically" (critically enough?) at these plot points. I guess I just got caught in the flow.

I thought the ending was superb, too. I don't have answers to your questions, because I never asked them!

I felt similarly about Ty's revelations at the end. I also find it hard to believe that Ty would leave him to return to LA on his own when clearly that wasn't was East wanted to do in the first place. I actually thought for a while that I must have missed some clue that Ty must have known East would continue to go east, but I went back and re-read an didn't see anything like that. It seems like quite an obvious mistake to make. Also Fin turning himself in? Why? That part didn't add up for me either.