Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available - Free - All Genres - Short Fiction/Novel

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Golding | 3 comments Hi all,

Currently have a lot of free time to dedicate to beta reading. Will look at all genres (romance will take a little longer for me to get through) and lengths of work, any content is also acceptable for me to look at.

If you let me know what particular areas you wish for me to focus on I will certainly give you feedback and I also tend to look at spelling and grammar naturally so will always point that out also.

PM or comment here and I will get back to you!

Hannah

message 2: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Moore | 32 comments Hi Hannah. I have a romance I would love for you to read it's 85k and I'm looking to find out what's works and what doesn't. It's been proofed before but I'm sure there may be still some items that need touch ups. I can assure of one thing the characters will get you to like them even if you don't want to😀
Let me know if you're interested.
KM

message 3: by Liliyana (new)

Liliyana Shadowlyn (lilydeslacs) Hi Hannah, I'm looking for a beta for a young adult fantasy adventure novel. If you would like to read the synopsis or learn more, please message me. The book is approximately 80k words. Looking for feedback on characters, plot, general story.

Best wishes,
Lily

message 4: by J. (new)

J. A. | 17 comments Hey Hannah,

I have a sci-fi/action novel that is part of a trilogy (planned) I am currently looking for a few beta readers. It would be great if you could take a look at it and give any feedback. If you are busy, that's totally fine!

My email is jaandersonbuisness@gmail.com

Thanks, Jamie

message 5: by J. (new)

J. Burton | 7 comments I'm a different "J." than the person above me, BTW.

Figure you probably already got swamped with requests. But I'm looking for a few betas to read through my 2nd draft and see where they think I could cut stuff out. Advice on pacing, etc.

As well as just the usual "this part doesn't work" kind of stuff.

It's 100k right now, looking to at least get it down under 90.

Book 2 of "The Sleepwar Saga". Like a supernatural breakfast club, these 6 very different American teens occasionally get thrown together against their will. In this case, they are taken while they sleep, as they dream, to a specific place they are needed in the fight against evil.

This installment ("Red Cross") takes the team to a rundown hospital where they are trying to find an escaped 9-year-old boy with special abilities - before the other side gets their hands on him.

Anyway, if you're interested, I'm at:

trekplant(at)gmail.com

- JD

message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat | 11 comments Hello, Hannah!

I have several short stories I am seeking beta readers for. All vary between the supernatural, suspenseful, and romantic. These qualities will be more prevalent than in other works. Some will be more romantic than others. Some more suspenseful, some stronger in the supernatural.

I have a list of my projects on my works in progress page on my website: https://katdevitt.com/works-in-progress/

If you are interested, please email me at katdevittromance@gmail.com

I would love, love, love to hear from you!

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher D. (chrismorgan) | 44 comments Hi Hannah. I've just completed a short YA fantasy story (about 5,000 words) and I'm looking for BETAs at the moment.

Andrew’s Mission is a Portallas novella that tells some of the back story about one of the main characters from the Portallas series of books. Andrew is a young Woodsman in training now living in the village of Morelle, which resides in the western part of Forestium. We first meet Andrew in Forestium: The Mirror Never Lies, which is book one in the Portallas series.

In Forestium: The Mirror Never Lies, Andrew joins his best friend, Joshua, who decides to go on an epic journey to help find the truth about his long-lost Father. In Andrew’s Mission, we discover how close the relationship is between Andrew and Joshua, as Andrew attempts to help save his best friend’s life by going in search of something that could very well kill him.

message 8: by Garfield (new)

Garfield Whyte (garfieldwhyte) Hi Hannah, would you be interested in a 54K word script. Here is the blurb,

Blurb
Parents send their girls to a prestigious all-girls boarding school; some allow their raging hormones to turn them into renegades.

message 9: by Ray (new)

Ray J. | 6 comments Hi!
I'm writing a contemporary science fiction/thriller novel which I'd really appreciate if you could beta-read. This is my first endeavor at writing a full-length novel, I'm up to 36k words (6 chapters) and I'm really itching for some feedback from an experienced reader. To put it in a nutshell, the book is about a new, revolutionary scientific invention. It's full of suspense and intrigue. If you're interested, you or anyone else visiting this page can contact me at giggleatafuneral99@gmail.com

message 10: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Moore | 32 comments Kristina wrote: "Hi Hannah. I have a romance I would love for you to read it's 85k and I'm looking to find out what's works and what doesn't. It's been proofed before but I'm sure there may be still some items that..."

HI Hannah, I didnt hear from you just wondering if you received my message? tks KM

message 11: by Martha (new)

Martha Guarisco (marthaguarisco) | 12 comments Hannah,

If you'd be interested in reading a 59K word YA contemporary novel, let me know! I'm eager to get feedback from a few betas.

Martha

message 12: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Hall | 35 comments Heyo there, Hannah, would you be interested in beta reading book-length military SF?