Unapologetic Romance Readers discussion

Six of Hearts (Hearts, #1)
This topic is about Six of Hearts
Past BotM Archives > Cosway, L.H. // Six of Hearts

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 1887 comments Mod
Discuss here!

Heather *Undercover Summer Goth* (heather_crews) | 656 comments I wonder how I'll feel about this one, since I think magicians are kind of annoying. By contrast, I love the male cross-dressing trope, yet obviously I hated Painted Faces, lol.

message 3: by RedL. (new)

RedL. | 239 comments Yes!!!!

Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮ (deliah_wilson) I have bene meaning to read this for ages. So count me in! I just don't know when I will be able to start it.

Santhiya (sandyr10) | 4 comments This is one of my favorite book of the authors. I'll be rereading it again.

Sarah (needs a break from reviewing) (sarahjf1984) | 724 comments Woot-woot, my choice won : ) Let's hope it's better than Painted Faces.

Heather *Undercover Summer Goth* (heather_crews) | 656 comments Sarah wrote: "Woot-woot, my choice won : ) Let's hope it's better than Painted Faces."

Yes, fingers crossed!

Chelsea Mountstevens | 2 comments First time doing this and not sure how it all works, so I'll be watching the comments. I mostly read free ebooks and this was free and had great reviews, so I was obviously up for trying this book out. I ordered it at 6.30 yesterday evening and had finished by late afternoon today. Safe to say I really enjoyed this book and am definitely up for reading more from this author! I would have liked to have had Jay's POV at times as it seems he has a very interesting mind.

Emily Crow | 149 comments I was going to skip this one since I think magicians are creepy and the URR member reviews for Painted Faces were a trifecta of nope, but then I saw it's available on kindle unlimited. And obviously I have to read as many kindle unlimited books as possible to justify my subscription!

message 10: by Honeyeater (new)

Honeyeater | 193 comments Emily wrote: "I was going to skip this one since I think magicians are creepy and the URR member reviews for Painted Faces were a trifecta of nope, ..."

I have this one on my kindle and I'm feeling leery about it for the same reasons.

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 1887 comments Mod
I read the prologue last night!

message 12: by RedL. (new)

RedL. | 239 comments I was too taken by Ilona Andrews, but I will soon start this too!!

message 13: by ePat (new) - added it

ePat | 4 comments Haven't started reading yet, but I love the cover.

message 14: by Jim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jim About a third of the way through. I like some of the verbal sparring between Matilda and Jay. I get a stalker vibe from Jay though, have to see where this goes.

Emily Crow | 149 comments I finished it over the weekend--overall, I liked it more than I expected, and I liked Matilda a lot. I thought Jay had a bit of a stalker vibe, too, and although the ending did explain why he was like that, there were still a couple of scenes that crossed the line for what I find acceptable behavior. (view spoiler)

Sarah (needs a break from reviewing) (sarahjf1984) | 724 comments I finished this this morning and I didn't enjoy it. Here's my review . Matilda was an idiot who continued the judging trend that Freda started and Jay was unnecessarily cruel to Matilda and a bit of a possessive jerk. I highly doubt I'll give Cosway another go, even for free.

Heather *Undercover Summer Goth* (heather_crews) | 656 comments So far it's not as bad as Painted Faces for me, but I'm not that far in. I do notice the author breaking the fourth wall again, and on the very first page, no less! I wish she would stop telling me what I'm thinking, because she's wrong every single time.

Sarah (needs a break from reviewing) (sarahjf1984) | 724 comments Heather *live on coffee & flowers* wrote: "So far it's not as bad as Painted Faces for me, but I'm not that far in. I do notice the author breaking the fourth wall again, and on the very first page, no less! I wish she would stop telling me..."

It's not quite as pervasive as in Painted Faces, but still I found myself talking to the book a number of times (out loud and in notes taken and made into status updates), saying things like "No, I'm not" and "It hadn't even crossed my mind to think that".

message 19: by Jim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jim I finally finished this. I liked Matilda at the beginning, but toward the end I thought it was questionable some of the things she put up with from Jay. I felt that Jay was very selfish and sometimes uncaring of Matilda and her feelings. The ending explained why he felt the way he did toward her, but I still think he was overly possessive and not as caring for Matilda and her feelings as he should have been. (view spoiler)
I gave it a 2 star just because of some of the interactions between the characters and the long "magic" scenes. It is a lot better to watch magicians on TV than read about them performing.

Sarah (needs a break from reviewing) (sarahjf1984) | 724 comments Jim wrote: "It is a lot better to watch magicians on TV than read about them performing."

Completely agree, Jim. I skimmed the second magic show very lightly (i.e. scanned each page to find when the show ended). I have trouble imagining that kind of scene in my head, so I found it quite boring.