Grab a Book & Play Booktivity! discussion

Fun With Challenges > June 2017 Scavenger Hunt

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited May 30, 2017 01:54PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2446 comments Mod
June 2017 Scavenger Hunt
Begins: 01 June 17 / Ends: 30 June 17

Your challenge is to find the following words/phrases in the TEXT of the books you are reading this month.

You are NOT restricted to one book / one word; you may find as many of the words/phrases in a single book as you like. If you find all the words in one book you are really lucky!

This month's scavenger list are words that were found in
A Few Fair Days by Jane Gardam A Few Fair Days by Jane Gardam
NOTE - you may NOT use this book for the scavenger hunt!

BASIC word list
asleep
attic
charming
cotton
frock
leather
modern
moustache
raspberry
shampoo
stockings
sunrise
treat
vanished
veil

BONUS / OPTIONAL Words
honeysuckle
jigsaw (the puzzle, NOT the power tool)
kindergarten
seagull
wet hair (entire phrase)

Unless a variation is specified above, words must match exactly - although I will accept a plural/singular version. But that is the ONLY deviation allowed. So if you are looking for "daddy" - I will NOT allow "father", "Pops" or "dad".

You MUST finish the book before you can claim credit for finding the word/phrase.

Report as follows:
Word - Title of book - date finished - page # where you found the text - QUOTE
E.g.
1. Aviator – Deeper Than the Dead ✔ – 01March2017 – pg 200 – “…a pair of aviator sunglasses, …”

Have fun!

message 2: by Book Concierge (last edited Jul 02, 2017 07:32PM) (new)

Hunters Extraordinaire!

Carol - Done
Deb
Jenn H
Koren
Licha-Olivia - Done
Marillyn
Olivermagnus - Done
Patty - Done
Sushicat
Tessa - Done

message 3: by Deb (last edited Jul 05, 2017 01:44PM) (new)

Deb (chiana) | 88 comments I'm so glad I heard about this challenge!!!

BASIC word list
DONE

BONUS / OPTIONAL Words
DONE

Found:
(view spoiler)

Bonus / Optional Found:
(view spoiler)

message 4: by Olivermagnus (last edited Jun 30, 2017 12:58PM) (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 204 comments June 2017 Scavenger Hunt
June 1 - 30, 2017

of 20 Completed

Basic Word List

✔ asleep - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 145 - "and promptly fell asleep"
✔ attic - Fatherland - Robert Harris - 6/8/17 - page 185 - "a relic from someone's attic"
✔ charming - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 247 - "to come across as charming"
✔ cotton - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 1279 - "the paper white cotton of their t-shirts"
✔ frock- Heartbreak Hotel - Jonathan Kellerman - 6/9/17 - page 15 - "in a liver covered frock"
✔ leather - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 848 - "in a leather chair"
✔ modern - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 2137 - "does it persist in our modern world?"
✔ moustache - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 1045 - "with a red moustache underneath his wide nose"
✔ raspberry - Heartbreak Hotel - Jonathan Kellerman - 6/9/17 - page 23 - "she blew a raspberry"
✔ shampoo - Heartbreak Hotel - Jonathan Kellerman - 6/9/17 - page 216 - "lots of hotel soap and shampoo"
✔ stockings - Fatherland - Robert Harris - 6/8/17 - page 47 - "and gray wollen stockings"
✔ sunrise - Fatherland - Robert Harris - 6/8/17 - page 74 - "like a child's drawing of a sunrise"
✔ treat - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 868 - "treat her with kid gloves"
✔ vanished - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 939 - "227 passengers vanished over the Indian Ocean"
✔ veil - wet hair (entire phrase) - Those We Left Behind
- Stuart Neville - 6/7/17 -page 19 - "the boy's composure was a thin veil"

Bonus Word List
✔ honeysuckle - Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery - 6/30/17 - page 29 - "it must have had honeysuckle over the parlor window"
✔ jigsaw (puzzle) - The Xibalba Murders - Lyn Hamilton - 6/15/17 - page 133 - "like some life-sized jigsaw puzzle"
✔ kindergarten - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 4083 - "come up with this plan in kindergarten"
✔ seagull - Fatherland - Robert Harris - 6/8/17 - page 54 - "a scattering of seagulls"
✔ wet hair (entire phrase) - Those We Left Behind
- Stuart Neville - 6/7/17 -page 101 - "ran a brush through her wet hair"

message 5: by Book Concierge (last edited Jul 02, 2017 07:31PM) (new)

June 2017 Scavenger Hunt
Begins: 01June17 / Ends: 30June17

15 / 15 BASIC words found
5 / 5 BONUS words found
7 books read
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry ✔ – 04June17
We Are Called to Rise ✔ – 04June17
Knots and Crosses ✔ – 09June17
Love Walked In ✔ – 18June17
Something Rotten ✔ – 20June17
The Lowland ✔ – 27June17
Tigers in Red Weather ✔ – 02July17

BASIC word list
asleep - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - pg 51 - "…fallen asleep in…"
attic - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - pg 17 - "…the attic apartment…"
charming - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - pg 102 - "It's a charming memoir."
cotton - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - pg 209 - "…pressed cotton blouses…"
frock - Something Rotten - pg 200 - "… blue gingham frock and…"
leather - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - pg 180 - "…black leather pants…"
modern - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - pg 71 - "..preferably modern ones…"
moustache - The Lowland - pg 132 - "…thick brown moustache,…"
raspberry - We Are Called to Rise - pg 290 - "…with raspberry jam."
shampoo - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - pg 62 - "…use grown-up shampoo?"
stockings - We Are Called to Rise - pg 82 - "…sent us stockings filled…"
sunrise - We Are Called to Rise - pg 34 - "…by Sunrise Mountain."
treat - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - pg 225 - "…we treat or not…"
vanished - Knots and Crosses - pg 1 - "…had vanished, and he …"
veil - Knots and Crosses - pg 26 - "…formed a veil over …"

BONUS / OPTIONAL Words
honeysuckle - Love Walked In - pg 9 - "…the honeysuckle-scented …"
jigsaw - Love Walked In - pg 227 - "…a child's jigsaw puzzle…"
kindergarten - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - pg 89 - "Maya starts kindergarten…"
seagull - Love Walked In - pg 189 - "…chasing a seagull or…"
wet hair - Tigers in Red Weather - pg 258 - "…also with the wet hair…"

message 6: by Book Concierge (new)

Welcome to all hunters!
Glad your found us, Deb....

I've got everyone linked so far.

message 7: by Patty (last edited Jun 26, 2017 10:26AM) (new)

Patty | 169 comments BASIC word list

asleep-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 14-"with the baby asleep in her arms."

attic-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 2-"that controls the attic steps"

charming-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 18-"into a charming village"

cotton-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 9-"like bits of cotton in the air"

frock-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 17-"into a belted cotton frock"

leather-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 14-"dining room was a leather valise"

modern-The Perfume Garden-6/11/17-page 83-"The houses on either side were more modern"

moustache-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 168-"with a waxed gray moustache"

raspberry-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 52-"raspberries and blackberries in carefully contained rows"

shampoo-small great things-6/17/17-page 12-"bottle of shampoo provided by the hospital"

stockings-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 17-"the silk stockings up her legs"

sunrise-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 114-"Friday morning before the sunrise"

treat-Agnes Grey-6/7/17-page 188-"as a treat for rare occasions"

vanished-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 157-"Clothes for a world that vanished."

veil-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 306-"from behind a veil of smoke"

BONUS / OPTIONAL Words

honeysuckle-Drowning Ruth-6/16/17-page 27-"the last clutch of honeysuckle"

jigsaw (puzzle)-The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper-6/23/17-page 60-"They were like two jigsaw pieces"

kindergarten-small great things-6/17/17-page 128-"When Edison as in kindergarten"

seagull-The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper-6/23/17-page 54-"A seagull strutted along"

wet hair (entire phrase)-The Nightingale-6/3/17-page 146-"pushing the wet hair away"

message 8: by Patty (new)

Patty | 169 comments For jigsaw does it mean that we could also use puzzle?

message 9: by Book Concierge (last edited May 30, 2017 01:55PM) (new)

Patty wrote: "For jigsaw does it mean that we could also use puzzle?"

No ... I didn't want someone using a Jigsaw (as in the power tool). The context of the story needs to show that it's a jigsaw puzzle (though the word "puzzle" might be missing).

The word "puzzle" alone would not meet the challenge

I've clarified the list.

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Oh .. and I've got you linked, Patty. Happy hunting!

message 11: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 61 comments Argh - it feels like I haven't even properly started the May hunt yet...

message 12: by Sushicat (last edited Jun 01, 2017 02:34PM) (new)

Sushicat | 61 comments BASIC word list

asleep
attic
charming
cotton
frock

leather
modern
moustache
raspberry
shampoo

stockings
sunrise
treat
vanished
veil

BONUS / OPTIONAL Words

honeysuckle
kindergarten
seagull
wet hair (entire phrase)

message 13: by Licha-Olivia (last edited Jun 19, 2017 07:22AM) (new)

Licha-Olivia | 248 comments June 2017 Scavenger Hunt
(1) Go Set a Watchman Harper Lee (6/5/17)
(2) Croak Gina Damico (6/9/17)
(3) Between the Lines Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer (6/10/17)
(4) The Raven Boys Maggie Stiefvater (6/14/17)
(5) Hex Hall Rachel Hawkins (6/16/17)
(6) Demonglass Rachel Hawkins (6/17/17)
(7) Say Nothing Brad Parks (6/19/17)

Basic Word List: 15/15

(1) Asleep: p. 147-In one minute she was asleep.
(4) Attic: p. 320-...a big fan of the attic,...
(3) Charming: p. 83-...find that nearly as charming.
(1) Cotton: p. 183-...pulled out a cotton dress...
(4) Frock: p. 322-Wearing a lace frock...

(1) Leather: p. 162-...the distant thunk pomp of leather…
(1) Modern: p. 147-...harshest peace in modern history...
(2) Moustache (Mustache): p. 100-...with a black mustache,...
(5) Raspberry: p. 34-"It's called 'Electric Raspberry.'"
(2) Shampoo: p. 122-"I'm a shampoo commercial."

(1) Stockings: p. 235-...and crocheted stockings.
(6) Sunrise: p. 279-...early sunrises in the summer,...
(7) Treat: p. 143-...this would have been a treat-...
(1) Vanished: p. 256-and vanished into her bedroom...
(3) Veil: p. 36-...dressed in a black veil...

Bonus Words (optional): 5/5

(6) Honeysuckle: p. 23-...that smelled like honeysuckle...
(3) Jigsaw (puzzle): p. 256-...last piece of a jigsaw puzzle.
(4) Kindergarten: p. 200-...straight from kindergarten...
(2) Seagull: p. 51-...there by a disoriented seagull.
(6) Wet hair: p. 7-...my wet hair out of my eyes.

message 14: by Koren (last edited Aug 09, 2017 08:55AM) (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 471 comments BASIC word list
15/15

asleep- First Families: The Impact of the White House on Their Lives by Bonnie Angelo finished 6/9 p. 30 In the midst of the services, I saw the president fall asleep...
attic- First Families: The Impact of the White House on Their Lives by Bonnie Angelo finished 6/9 p. 10 ...but the White House curator's complete inventory form the sub-basement to the attic...
charming- First Families: The Impact of the White House on Their Lives by Bonnie Angelo finished 6/9 p. 21 ...life-long bachelor Buchanan- the nation's only never-married president-brought the White House alive with his charming, London-polished niece, Harriet Lane, as his hostess.
cotton- Do You Believe in Magic?: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine by Paul Offit, M.D. finished 6/3 p. ...opens his suitcase and takes out an ugly cotton tie.
frock- First Families: The Impact of the White House on Their Lives by Bonnie Angelo finished 6/9 p. 243 ...the ushers were back in their traditional black frock coats...
leather- Through the Glass by Shannon Moroney finished 6/4 p. 22 ...handsome in his gray wool coat and leather gloves...
modern- - Do You Believe in Magic?: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine by Paul Offit, M.D. finished 6/3 p. 42 Modern medicine is carved by centuries of learning.
moustache- First Families: The Impact of the White House on Their Lives by Bonnie Angelo finished 6/9 p. 175 ... only one of the ten chief executies between Ulysses Grant and Woodrow Wilson was bare of beard, mustache, or mutton-chop sideburns...
raspberry- Do You Believe in Magic?: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine by Paul Offit, M.D. finished 6/3 p. 70 ...and small amounts of raspberry extract...
shampoo- I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids: Reinventing Modern Motherhood by Trisha Ashworth finished 6/2 p. 116 ...who can juggle multiple accounts at work, asks us how to shampoo...
stockings- First Families: The Impact of the White House on Their Lives by Bonnie Angelo finished 6/9 p. 55 ...her strawberry blonde hair spills out from a stocking cap...
sunrise- First Families: The Impact of the White House on Their Lives by Bonnie Angelo finished 6/9 p. 145 Since sunrise I have been turning my spyglass in every direction...
treat- - Do You Believe in Magic?: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine by Paul Offit, M.D. finished 6/3 p. 219 He could continue to treat patients with cancer...
vanished-- First Families: The Impact of the White House on Their Lives by Bonnie Angelo finished 6/9 p. 63 Journeying south by steamer, George vanished overboard...
veil- - Do You Believe in Magic?: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine by Paul Offit, M.D. finished 6/3 p. 114 ...I felt the veil lift...

BONUS / OPTIONAL Words
4/5
honeysuckle- Ghost No More by Cee Cee James finished 6/12 p. 133 Daahhhling....I ahhhhbsolutley must have the honeysuckle lotion for my toes...
jigsaw (the puzzle, NOT the power tool)- A Knife in the Heart by Michael Benson finished August 2017 p. 76 He enjoyed solving mysteries, solving jigsaw puzzles.
kindergarten- Sudden Fury by Leslie Walker finished 6/2 p. When Larry turned five, the Weavers enrolled him in kindergarten.
seagull
wet hair (entire phrase)- Ghost No More by Cee Cee James finished 6/12 p. 69 They were wrapped in striped towels with wet hair that stuck up in all directions.

message 15: by JennH (last edited Jun 15, 2017 10:41AM) (new)

JennH | 183 comments June 2017 Scavenger Hunt

BASIC word list
✔asleep - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p39 - "I had trouble falling asleep..."
✔attic - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p69 - "...in the dusty attic..."
✔charming - Egg Drop Dead - 6/9/17 - p42 - "...instead of looking charming..."
✔cotton - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p208 - ...white cotton sheets..."
frock

✔leather - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p52 - "...black leather and bronze..."
✔modern - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p250 - "...Modern Art t-shirt..."
✔moustache - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p138 - "...a black pencil moustache..."
✔raspberry - Egg Drop Dead - 6/9/17 - p82 - "...pomegranate and raspberry flavored margaritas."
shampoo

stockings
✔sunrise - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p224 - "as the sunrise came up..."
✔treat - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p86 - "...I will treat them with respect..."
✔vanished - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p39 - "The coin vanished..."
✔veil - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p8 - "...it's like this veil..."

BONUS / OPTIONAL Words
✔honeysuckle - The Battle of the Labyrinth - 6/1/17 - p32 - "...they could make honeysuckle."
kindergarten
seagull
wet hair (entire phrase)

message 16: by Book Concierge (last edited Jun 01, 2017 03:22PM) (new)

Jenn ... you had a duplicate post, so I deleted it.

I've got everyone linked to this point. Happy hunting!

message 17: by Carol (last edited Jun 27, 2017 06:33AM) (new)

Carol | 2007 comments June Scavenger Hunt
20/20

BASIC word list

✔asleep: Exit Strategy by Steve Hamilton – page 111 - …”as Quintero watched his daughter falling asleep. 6/1/17

✔attic: These Shallow Graves Graves by Jennifer Donnelly – page 262 – “Maybe they’re in the basement or the attic”. 6/19/17

✔charming: Exit Strategy by Steve Hamilton – page 100 – “….the charming mask she wore…” 6/1/17

✔cotton: Exit Strategy by Steve Hamilton – page 23 – “Quintero held the cotton gauze up to her…” 6/1/17

✔frock: Edouard Manet: Rebel in a Frock Coat by Edouard Manet page 66 -" for the modern artist could be found in top-hatted, frock-coated…" 6/25/17

✔leather: Exit Strategy by Steve Hamilton – page 101 – “ …a third looked promising, a man in a leather jacket…” 6/1/17

✔modern: Exit Strategy by Steve Hamilton – page 59 – “…a fact of life in modern law enforcement.” – 6/1/17

✔mustache: Sleeping in Flame by Jonathan Carroll – page 235 - …”with a large moustache and a good smile came in.” – 6/11/17

✔raspberry: The Stopped Heart by Julie Myerson – page 84 - “She’s a right bit ‘o your ma”. 6/7/17

✔shampoo: Anatomy of a Haunting: The Nightmare on Baxter Road by Lee Strong - page 225 - "Filling his hand with shampoo, he lathered his hair." 6/5/17

✔stockings: The Stopped Heart by Julie Myerson – page 267 – “…child hanging upside down, skinny legs in dark stockings…” – 6/7/17

✔sunrise: The Trapped Girl by Robert Dugoni – page 2 – “…set his trips after sunset and retrieved them before sunrise - 6/10/17

✔treat: The Stopped Heart by Julie Myerson – page 42 – “…. I don’t treat her like a child.” -6/7/17

✔vanished: Exit Strategy by Steve Hamilton – page 99 – “Her plastered on smile vanished” 6/1/17

✔veil: Charlotte's Story by Laura Benedict – page 17 – “Lifting my veil I surveyed my red-blotched face in the visor mirror.” - 6/8/17

BONUS / OPTIONAL Words

✔honeysuckle: The Stopped Heart by Julie Myerson – page 211 – “….trying to decide if it’s crazy to plant a climbing honeysuckle…” – 6/7/17

✔jigsaw (the puzzle, NOT the power tool): Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King - page 54 - "...had come to repalce walks around the neighborhood and jigsaw puzzles at the dining room table..." - 6/3/17

✔kindergarten: Sleeping in Flame by Jonathan Carroll – page 149 – “I was a kindergarten teacher back in France.” - 6/11/17

✔seagull: The Trapped Girl by Robert Dugoni – page 6 – “…the faint order of diesel fuel the sound of a boat motor and seagulls cawing.” - 6/10/17

✔wet hair (entire phrase): The Stopped Heart by Julie Myerson – page 304 – “…. wet hair and sandals and rolled up towels…” - 6/7/17

message 18: by Book Concierge (new)

Enjoy the challenge, Carol. I've got you linked.

message 19: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 471 comments The book I'm reading now has a different spelling for moustache. They spell it mustache. Is this ok?

message 20: by Carol (new)

Carol | 2007 comments Koren wrote: "The book I'm reading now has a different spelling for moustache. They spell it mustache. Is this ok?"

I'm not Tessa but I have found different spellings for certain words and it was okay to use them. This happens often between the British spellings and the American spellings.

message 21: by Book Concierge (new)

Koren wrote: "The book I'm reading now has a different spelling for moustache. They spell it mustache. Is this ok?"

Yes ... I will take an alternate spelling

message 22: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 471 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Koren wrote: "The book I'm reading now has a different spelling for moustache. They spell it mustache. Is this ok?"

Yes ... I will take an alternate spelling"

Thank you.

message 23: by JennH (new)

JennH | 183 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Jenn ... you had a duplicate post, so I deleted it.

I've got everyone linked to this point. Happy hunting!"

Oops! Thanks!

message 24: by Licha-Olivia (new)

Licha-Olivia | 248 comments Challenge completed!

message 25: by Book Concierge (new)

Licha-Olivia wrote: "Challenge completed!"

Congrats!

message 26: by Marilyn (last edited Jun 25, 2017 09:29AM) (new)

Marilyn Lott | 325 comments June 2017 Scavenger Hunt
June 1 - 30, 2017

Basic Word List
13/15 completed

✔asleep - The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 840--"...find his wife and dog curled and asleep in bed."
✔attic- The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 573--"...but Sara still can't walk into the attic..."
✔charming - The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro--6//23/17--loc 374--"Can't have our most charming and talented artist..."
✔cotton - The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 495--"...squeezing the cotton swabs into a mason jar."

--frock

✔leather - The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 327--"...stares from the men in leather aprons..."
✔modern- The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 677--"...entombed by modern apartment buildings."
✔moustache - The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro--6//23/17--loc 382--"...with bloodshot eyes and a thick mustache."
✔raspberry- The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 3033--"...the raspberries ripening along the painted fences..."
✔shampoo - Kill the Next One by Federico Axat--6/25/17--loc. 1819--"...and a thin stream of pink shampoo poured out."
✔stockings - The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 658--"...anonymous shoes and stockings and..."

--sunrise

✔treat- The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 159--"...this is how the Russians treat their canine space explorers..."
✔vanished - The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 571--"...and the light ebbed then vanished from her eyes."
✔veil - The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro--6//23/17--loc 118--"...lifted the veil, and let me inside."

Bonus Word List
3/5 completed

✔honeysuckle - The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith--6/15/17--loc 3065--"Honeysuckle grows wild along sills and ledges."
✔jigsaw (puzzle) - Kill the Next One by Federico Axat--6/25/17--loc. 2066--"His mind was a meaningless jigsaw puzzle."
✔kindergarten - The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro--6//23/17--loc 643--"...out of university and Sophie out of kindergarten."

--seagull

--wet hair (entire phrase)

message 27: by Book Concierge (new)

Way to start out with a bang, Marilyn! I've got you linked.

message 28: by Patty (new)

Patty | 169 comments Challenge completed! Ready for the next one.

message 29: by Carol (new)

Carol | 2007 comments Finished June Scavenger Hunt - 6/27/17

message 30: by Book Concierge (new)

Good job, Patty & Carol!

message 31: by Olivermagnus (last edited Jun 30, 2017 01:01PM) (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 204 comments ~~~~ Complete ~~~~
June 2017 Scavenger Hunt
June 1 - 30, 2017

of 20 Completed

Basic Word List

✔ asleep - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 145 - "and promptly fell asleep"
✔ attic - Fatherland - Robert Harris - 6/8/17 - page 185 - "a relic from someone's attic"
✔ charming - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 247 - "to come across as charming"
✔ cotton - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 1279 - "the paper white cotton of their t-shirts"
✔ frock- Heartbreak Hotel - Jonathan Kellerman - 6/9/17 - page 15 - "in a liver covered frock"
✔ leather - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 848 - "in a leather chair"
✔ modern - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 2137 - "does it persist in our modern world?"
✔ moustache - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 1045 - "with a red moustache underneath his wide nose"
✔ raspberry - Heartbreak Hotel - Jonathan Kellerman - 6/9/17 - page 23 - "she blew a raspberry"
✔ shampoo - Heartbreak Hotel - Jonathan Kellerman - 6/9/17 - page 216 - "lots of hotel soap and shampoo"
✔ stockings - Fatherland - Robert Harris - 6/8/17 - page 47 - "and gray wollen stockings"
✔ sunrise - Fatherland - Robert Harris - 6/8/17 - page 74 - "like a child's drawing of a sunrise"
✔ treat - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 868 - "treat her with kid gloves"
✔ vanished - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 939 - "227 passengers vanished over the Indian Ocean"
✔ veil - wet hair (entire phrase) - Those We Left Behind
- Stuart Neville - 6/7/17 -page 19 - "the boy's composure was a thin veil"

Bonus Word List
✔ honeysuckle - Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery - 6/30/17 - page 29 - "it must have had honeysuckle over the parlor window"
✔ jigsaw (puzzle) - The Xibalba Murders - Lyn Hamilton - 6/15/17 - page 133 - "like some life-sized jigsaw puzzle"
✔ kindergarten - Cost of Life - Joshua Corin - 6/14/17 - loc 4083 - "come up with this plan in kindergarten"
✔ seagull - Fatherland - Robert Harris - 6/8/17 - page 54 - "a scattering of seagulls"
✔ wet hair (entire phrase) - Those We Left Behind
- Stuart Neville - 6/7/17 -page 101 - "ran a brush through her wet hair"

message 32: by Book Concierge (new)

Way to go, Lynda!