Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Seven Laws of Guaranteed Growth: BITSING: The World's First Business Management Model That Guarantees Success
Book Issues > The Seven Laws of Guaranteed Growth

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marit (new)

Marit Bohnenn | 21 comments Hi all,

I'd like to change the book title of The Seven Laws of Guaranteed Growth.
I'm supposed to do this through this forum, right? The title should be:

[title] The Seven Laws of Guaranteed Growth
[subtitle] BITSING: The world's first business management model that guarantees success

Also, I'm curious to know if someone knows the answer to why some book titles are so far off the correct title (since the title never changes, it seems like someone is uploading the books using his own creativity and interpretation :).

Many thanks in advance!

message 2: by David (last edited May 29, 2017 08:35AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments With more than 1,000 new titles published daily in the US and UK (2013 IPA numbers), it is unrealistic to assume there is "someone uploading the books". Almost all titles are uploaded by bots, and this book is no different.

In this case it seems like the book had a different cover and title when planned, prior to release. When published, the title and cover were changed. The bot changed the cover, but did not change the title accordingly. I corrected the title to match the cover.

message 3: by Marit (new)

Marit Bohnenn | 21 comments Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Could you change one more thing for me? The word 'guarantees' in the subtitle misses an A:

BITSING: The World's First Business Management Model That Garantees Success

Thank you in advance.

message 4: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments You mean a "u".
Done

message 5: by Marit (new)

Marit Bohnenn | 21 comments Yes! My mistake. Thanks for paying attention and helping!