Dragons & Jetpacks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Justice League portal heroes

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vinca (new)

Vinca Russell (vinxlady) | 1244 comments Hello fellow Justice League members, thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss what portal hero we'd like to recruit once we hit 30 energy cells. We're on 25 at the moment, and I'll be adding another one to that probably this evening.

I think my preference would be for Red Sonja, because it looks like it will be fairly easy to find books that fit the criteria - every task has a cover-based option rather than only criteria that are contained within the plot.

Night Man or Darkwing Duck would probably be my next choices - again based purely on how easy it looks to identify books that fulfil the task criteria.

What do the rest of you think? Teen Titans have already claimed Harry Dresden so that one is out.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1110 comments I'll second Red Sonja. It look like it would fit several books already on my TBR list.

message 3: by Wayland, Ernest Scribbler (new)

Wayland Smith | 2780 comments Mod
*watches from the shadows*

message 4: by Milou (new)

Milou | 486 comments I'd like HARD corps, but would also be oke with darkwing duck.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 272 comments I don't think I'll even be able to finish the main hero roster, so I'm ok with whichever portal hero gets picked.

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 409 comments Tough decision. I love both Red Sonja and Darkwing Duck...hahaha. Good with either of those.

message 7: by Vinca (new)

Vinca Russell (vinxlady) | 1244 comments Not having much luck getting folk to pitch in on this one and it's time to pick so we can get recruiting.

Taking Joy's comments as equal first choice for DD or RS I get the following...

First choices are:
Red Sonja x 3
HARD Corps x 1
Darkwing Duck x 1

Second choices:
Darkwing Duck x 2
Night Man x 1

Unless anyone else wants to jump in pretty soon, I'd say that looks like we should be going with Red Sonja.

Does that seem fair?

message 8: by Wayland, Ernest Scribbler (new)

That sounds like what is happening, but remember, I don't vote on this issue. I merely observe and record the final choice. Kinda makes me sound like a stalker...

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 409 comments Vinca wrote: "Not having much luck getting folk to pitch in on this one and it's time to pick so we can get recruiting.

Taking Joy's comments as equal first choice for DD or RS I get the following...

First ch..."

Sounds good to me

message 10: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 409 comments Wayland wrote: "That sounds like what is happening, but remember, I don't vote on this issue. I merely observe and record the final choice. Kinda makes me sound like a stalker..."

GASP!

message 11: by Wayland, Ernest Scribbler (new)

So should I officially make Red Sonja your pick, or do y'all want a bit more time to debate?

*winks at Joy*

message 12: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 409 comments Wayland wrote: "So should I officially make Red Sonja your pick, or do y'all want a bit more time to debate?

*winks at Joy*"

Don't fall for it! He's trying to trick us into choosing a portal hero!!!!

(Just kidding...but really...Wade is tricky. *takes out one of those plastic eyeballs and keeps it pointed on Wade*)

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1110 comments I think that sounds pretty fair Vinca

message 14: by Vinca (new)

Vinca Russell (vinxlady) | 1244 comments Wayland wrote: "So should I officially make Red Sonja your pick, or do y'all want a bit more time to debate? "

I think we've given everyone plenty of time to weigh in on this (I started the thread back at the end of May) so I'd say let's make Red Sonja our official pick. I'll accept the consequences of being the one to speak up ;-)

Sorry Milou, I know you were the only one who spoke up who didn't want this hero!

message 15: by Milou (new)

Milou | 486 comments Thats oke :p I still have plenty of reading to do for the other heroes.

message 16: by Greg (new)

Greg | 998 comments Hey all, we only need 3 more cells to pick our next portal hero. If we get there first, what is everyone's vote between the two remaining options - Hardware (Milestone) and Darkwing Duck?

I cast my vote for Hardware (Milestone)

message 17: by Vinca (new)

Vinca Russell (vinxlady) | 1244 comments My vote would go to Darkwing Duck, just because it looks like it would be easier to figure out if a book would meet the criteria from looking at the cover/reading the blurb. The Hardware criteria sound like you could be most of the way through a book before you work out if it meets the one you think it might.

Happy to go with Hardware if people can share recommendations though :-D

message 18: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 409 comments I have to admit to leaning towards Darkwing Duck myself

message 19: by Greg (new)

Greg | 998 comments If most people want Darkwing Duck, I'm happy to go that way! :)

My reasoning was that I only read about 50% fantasy/sci-fi, and I thought maybe Hardware had more crossover choices. But Vinca's point about it being harder for everyone to know in advance whether books fit the Hardware criteria ..that's a really good point.

message 20: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (last edited Oct 09, 2017 01:22PM) (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 409 comments description

I have a confession. I totally didn't even think about the tasks related to them. I just wanted Darkwing Duck because...Darkwing Duck. >.>

message 21: by Greg (new)

Greg | 998 comments Joy wrote: "

I have a confession. I totally didn't even think about the tasks related to them. I just wanted Darkwing Duck because...Darkwing Duck. >.>"

Haha, you gave me a great laugh Joy! :)

message 22: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 409 comments Greg wrote: "Haha, you gave me a great laugh Joy! :) "

:D

message 23: by Greg (new)

Greg | 998 comments If we get there firat, let's go with Darkwing Duck. I'm happy with that! :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.