SSG: Spy/Spec-Ops Group discussion

Brad Taylor
This topic is about Brad Taylor
I Want a New Title! > Question for fans of Brad Taylor's fiction...

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Swallow (jamesswallow) | 9 comments Hearing good things about this chap; any consensus on which book someone new to his work should start with?

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Fishman (scishfottman) | 1 comments I have always been a fan of starting with the first book. This would be no exception. One Rough Man is a great starting point.

Enjoy!!

message 3: by James (new)

James Swallow (jamesswallow) | 9 comments Thanks for the recc!

message 4: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 2 comments I'm a HUGE fan of his books (currently reading the 10th book). I've been going in order & recommend it. You get a chance to see the author develop the character and the storylines just get better. Enjoy!

message 5: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 2 comments Oops I thought the author mentioned was Brad Thor. Apologies. Check his books out too :-)

message 6: by Samuel (last edited Jun 03, 2017 12:52AM) (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments James wrote: "Hearing good things about this chap; any consensus on which book someone new to his work should start with?"

One Rough Man (Pike Logan, #1) by Brad Taylor
All Necessary Force (Pike Logan, #2) by Brad Taylor
Enemy of Mine (Pike Logan, #3) by Brad Taylor
The Widow's Strike (Pike Logan, #4) by Brad Taylor
The Polaris Protocol (Pike Logan, #5) by Brad Taylor
Days of Rage (Pike Logan, #6) by Brad Taylor
No Fortunate Son (Pike Logan, #7) by Brad Taylor
The Insider Threat (Pike Logan, #8) by Brad Taylor
The Forgotten Soldier (Pike Logan, #9) by Brad Taylor
Ghosts of War (Pike Logan, #10) by Brad Taylor
Ring of Fire (Pike Logan, #11) by Brad Taylor
Operator Down (Pike Logan #12) by Brad Taylor

Oh hello James!
Brad Taylor's books are impressive. They share one similarity with yours, namely two protagonists, one male and one female. But the dynamic with them is inverted, with the male protagonist being the slightly nutty ruthless badass who secretly longs to become a better person than a mere knuckle dragger, while the female character is a civvie who struggles to adapt to the world of killers and counter - terrorism.

They're highly topical and feature perfect real world detail - plot ratio. Taylor also knows how to make a good plot (book 5, he explains how the GPS network failing would collapse Western civilization) And the characterization is incredible. The man knows how to make a good cast that grow as people over the course of the series and change in some very interesting ways.

Start with One Rough Man, and if you have a Kindle app or e - reader, download the short stories. They fill in gaps and "The Callsign", is actually the first story in the series chronologically.

message 7: by James (new)

James Swallow (jamesswallow) | 9 comments Samuel wrote: "James wrote: "Hearing good things about this chap; any consensus on which book someone new to his work should start with?"

One Rough Man (Pike Logan, #1) by Brad Taylor
[bookcover:All Necessary Force|1244443..."

Thanks for the info!