Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Black Comedy novel- beta readers required

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Whitton | 5 comments Hi,
I have a full novel (99k word count) that's been through 10 drafts. It's a black comedy & deals with suicide. I need up to 5 experienced beta readers and I'm looking to establish long working relationships. You must keep the material I send you absolutely confidential.
Thanks!

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Whitton | 5 comments Ah, and I'm after honest, brutal feedback (not insults, but I really want to know what you think)

message 3: by Garfield (new)

Garfield Whyte (garfieldwhyte) Brenda wrote: "Ah, and I'm after honest, brutal feedback (not insults, but I really want to know what you think)"

Whats the synopsis?

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Whitton | 5 comments Do you want the full synopsis (includes the ending) or the teaser?

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Whitton | 5 comments Here's the teaser:

This Strange Death of Mine:

Antihero, TONY PELLEGRINO, is a socially isolated I.T. professional who stalled emotionally at age sixteen when he became the orphan of migrants. Nine years later, his live-in-girlfriend, leaves him for one of his best friends: another woman. On the day of his parent's death anniversary, he fights his boss, is fired and has a car crash on his way home (with a woman called LUCIA). He believes he’s reached rock bottom.
In crisis, and unable to reach out and ask for help, he kills himself by slashing his wrists. But, instead of bleeding to death, he receives a letter welcoming him to the next stage of his existence and asking him to attend a specific location. As he does, he discovers death is no longer a private and personal experience, but a process within a modern ORGANISATION, plagued by bureaucrats and faulty I.T. systems, in which Golden Years by David Bowie sounds constantly.
Tony must complete a peculiar Application Form, but the system is down and he must return home. As he does, a black mangy and starved dog appears out of nowhere at his front door. He identifies with the poor beast, and feeling desperate and lonely, he hangs himself. He receives a phone call with a pre-recorded message and another letter from the organisation.
It might be easier staying alive, especially when Death buries you in paperwork...

message 6: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Whitton | 5 comments Please email me at bmwhittonauthor@gmail.com if interested. Thanks!