J.D. Robb discussion

Home Fire Inferno (Troubleshooters, #16.7; Troubleshooters-Izzy Novellas, #2)
This topic is about Home Fire Inferno
Archive - 2017 Group Series Read > Home Fire Inferno by Suzanne Brockmann (Troubleshooters #16.7) - June 2017

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 09, 2017 05:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12959 comments Mod
Please note: A dollar of the author’s royalties from each copy sold of this edition of Home Fire Inferno will go to organizations supporting veterans. (Thank you so much!)

Home Fire Inferno is a Troubleshooters short story. It’s around fifty pages long, and was originally published in the charity anthology Way of the Warrior , which is no longer available in most e-formats. This e-book reissue of Home Fire Inferno also contains an excerpt from the TS novella Ready to Roll, as well as a lengthy excerpt from Some Kind of Hero, Suzanne Brockmann’s next full-length Troubleshooters novel.

Suzanne Brockmann returns to the action-packed world of her best-selling Troubleshooters Series with a new novella featuring US Navy SEAL Izzy Zanella, his extended family, and his kickass teammates in SEAL Team Sixteen.

Navy SEAL Dan Gillman’s wife, Jenn, goes into early labor while stranded in the California desert, as he, Izzy Zanella, and most of Team Sixteen are mission ready, overseas. Meanwhile, left behind with a recent knee injury and faced with impending surgery and rehab, Chief Jay Lopez decides that the timing might be exactly right for a romantic interlude with a pretty fifth grade teacher . . . Hijinks definitely ensue.

Home Fire Inferno is the second story in a connected trilogy of Troubleshooters shorts and novellas that starts with Free Fall and concludes with Ready to Roll.

12 Chapters

Character List
(view spoiler)

Spoiler Info
(view spoiler)

I dropped the ball on this one!

What did everyone think of the story?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 680 comments I really liked it. I'd bought the paperback anthology some time ago, read the stories, then recently donated to our library's book sale. I was fortunate to be able to check it out from the new library and was very glad I read it in order of the series.

I really loved how in a short story, we got several points of view: Lopez, Izzy, Eden and Jenn. There was hilarity, thanks to Izzy, to go with the anxiety.

message 5: by Charlene (last edited Jul 02, 2017 07:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 680 comments I liked how each man (those overseas and those on home soil) pulled all his strings to bring a happier ending to this story.

Wasn't that amazing? But, I really shouldn't be surprised. It was so perfect when Kelly showed up.