Books of Literature by Nobel Prize Winning Authors: 2020 Challenge discussion

2017-18 challenge > Chosen book for 1920-29

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 365 comments Post here your choice and also your review.

message 2: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 365 comments For September's reading I have chosen A Passage to India

Please post if you also would like to read this or another book of your choice for this decade.

message 3: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 263 comments I read this book during the winter and found it interesting, but not my favourite by Forster, maybe because of the characters. I think he succeeded in creating the atmosphere of late Colonial India and writes extremely well.

message 4: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 365 comments Rosemarie wrote: "I read this book during the winter and found it interesting, but not my favourite by Forster, maybe because of the characters. I think he succeeded in creating the atmosphere of late Colonial India..."

What is your favourite Forster?

message 5: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 263 comments My favourite is Room with a View, one of his lightest books.

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 365 comments I am reading Kristin Lavransdatter with another group and so will also be listing this as a 1920s choice. If anyone wants to join in on this one I can let you know the group.

message 7: by Joseph (new)

Joseph (jsaltal) Rosemarie wrote: "I read this book during the winter and found it interesting, but not my favourite by Forster, maybe because of the characters. I think he succeeded in creating the atmosphere of late Colonial India..."

The film wasn't bad I thought.

message 8: by Joseph (new)

Joseph (jsaltal) Tracey wrote: "I am reading Kristin Lavransdatter with another group and so will also be listing this as a 1920s choice. If anyone wants to join in on this one I can let you know the group."

I've heard of this book on a YouTube video.

message 9: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 263 comments I liked the film of A Passage to India better than the book. It was visually appealing with many talented actors.