What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Story of Girl that goes on adventures with talking animals

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Forest Womoon (new)

Forest Womoon (forestwomoon) | 8 comments Cannot remember much but loving this book...

The cover had a girl in a boat with animals going down a river/rapids. The outside binding was blue. There were maps in the book and cool illustration drawings..

There were talking siamese cats, I remember her walking dirt roads that were lined in Walls, so all the roads were enclosed... she went through like a portal and time froze or it was in her imagination. I can't really remember much..

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32181 comments Mod
Dae Ree, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Is this picture book (about 32-48 pages) or a chapter book with mostly words?

message 3: by Forest Womoon (new)

Forest Womoon (forestwomoon) | 8 comments Kris wrote: "Dae Ree, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Is this picture book (about 32-48 pages) or a chapter book with mostly words?"

Hi Kris,
thanks for your help** it came out maybe in the early 2000's?? and is a chapter book but with a lot of illustrations. I wanna call it a "hipster" book, because it was very trendy seeming.

message 4: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Maybe something by Walter Moers? I've only read one of his books so far, but seems like maybe something he might have written as part of his Zamonia series.

message 5: by Forest Womoon (new)

Forest Womoon (forestwomoon) | 8 comments El wrote: "Maybe something by Walter Moers? I've only read one of his books so far, but seems like maybe something he might have written as part of his Zamonia series."

Good guess but Its a childrens book for like 5th grade reading level... The book has more childrens artwork than cartoon characters. The main character is a little girl, and she goes on adventures.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Alice, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Walter Moers (other topics)