Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Writing YA Science-Fiction/Fantasy, seeking trade with any interested beta reader

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (last edited May 28, 2017 09:04PM) (new)

Andrew Daly (Motorthud) | 1 comments Hello there! I am seeking to swap works with any interested beta reader(s). I focus on writing mostly fantasy-based works, though they do sometimes stem into science-fiction. My current work is at 31,000 words, and will expand with time until it is around 60,000 words (though that will take a while).

This will be my second book, the direct sequel to my first book, Portal of Vaal. I'm mainly looking for feedback on characters and any plot holes, nothing else is necessary.

If you are interested in swapping works, feel free to reply to this post! And even if you aren't interested, thank you for taking the time to read my post!

message 2: by Leland (last edited May 29, 2017 12:01AM) (new)

Leland | 31 comments 60,000 seems a bit short for your target wc in the sci-fi/fantasy genres. I know YA tends to be shorter, but even in YA that is short for them. Just something I noticed since you weren't finished with it yet. Anyway, it's just a suggestion.