What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Time travel or alternate dimension. River beside MC's house is flooding during a storm & he refuses to leave. He wakes in his modern house now outside a castle in a world with swords & armor technology.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Irving (new)

Irving Drinkwine | 1 comments Year Published: Probably after 2000 but may be as early as 1990.
Genre: Sci Fi, Fantasy, Time/Dimensional Travel
Reader: Adult

This book is part of a series but I cannot recall how many in series.
Here goes-

Looking for any info on this book or series.
The book starts when the main characters home is in a big storm.
The river next to his home is flooding and he refuses to leave.
He wakes up still in his home but now it has been moved to outside of a castle. I'm not sure if it is an alt dimension or time travel.

The teleport also takes cats or squirrels that live in the attic with it and the MC comments on this at some point.
Also, the MC gets married at some point and has a son. I recall something about the son riding horses (not helpful no doubt) and I THINK wearing armor and learning to fight with a sword.

The current technology is swords and armor. His home however continues to have electricity (and possibly water). Not sure if this is ever explained but at some point the MC needs something important and recalls he has some in the house.

I can't recall more but would like to re-read the book and would appreciate anything that would help me find it. Even if you read the book and can't recall the author/title but can add more detail to help me look it up, I'd be grateful. I have searched Google, Google books, Amazon - all with no luck, obviously. I mean notta. Obviously I'm using the wrong key words here.
Again, can't recall if it was time travel or dimensional travel to a lower tech world.

Sorry if it offends the author or someone else that I have forgotten the title but it happens. I forget things
ID

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Irving, you wrote a great post with tons of detail which should be helpful - what will also be helpful and could get your query solved faster is if you put genre and plot details in your header. If you are unable, a mod can help with this.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32052 comments Mod
Added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to edit it.

message 4: by Kris (last edited May 30, 2017 07:14PM) (new)

Kris | 32052 comments Mod
Castaways in Time by Robert Adams?

"A whirlwind in time. It was a storm to end all storms, and when it was over Sebastian Foster and his five unexpected house guests--all refugees from the fury of the wind and rain--should have been happy just to be alive. But when the clouds finally cleared, the world outside Bass's home was no longer the twentieth-century America they all knew. Instead, through some bizarre twist in time, the six of them had ended up in England's past. But it was a past that never existed in any history book, a place where the Church was waging a holy war to depose Arthur III and make his nephew king of England and Wales. Thrust into this barbaric world of bloody combat, the time travelers were quick to realize that their modern weapons and knowledge could change the whole course of this England's future--and maybe help them find their way home again--if the warring factions didn't destroy them before they even had a chance to get started..."

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Irving was your book "Castaways in Time" or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Castaways in Time (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert Adams (other topics)