Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > Please update with new cover

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monika (new)

Monika (monikal) | 674 comments Hi, the link you've provided leads to the current cover with the misspelled author name. Since this book has already been published, any changes to the cover can only be added in the alternate cover edition.

Thanks for the information!

message 2: by Monika (new)

Monika (monikal) | 674 comments Hi again, since the book's cover was already once published with the incorrect author spelling, we're going to have to create an alternate cover edition which will have the new cover. You can find it here.

Thanks for reaching out!

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela Sanders (angelacarwile) | 18 comments Hi, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to add to this discussion or create a new thread, but I'm having the same issue. Can someone please update my cover, along with page number information? I only uploaded a portion of the book for pre-order. I'm sure the page count will change again once I receive the corrections from my editor. Everything has been updated on Amazon. If you have any questions, please contact me. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Raging-Inferno...

Thank you,

Angela Sanders

message 4: by Monika (new)

Monika (monikal) | 674 comments Louise wrote: "Hi Monika - is there a reason the cover can't be deleted and re-uploaded? Thanks for all of your help with this, much appreciated. Cheers, Louise

It's GR's policy to keep all published covers and editions so that users can shelve the edition they have. We create alternate cover editions instead which have the new cover.

Since the book was already published with that cover, we cannot 'delete' and replace the cover. When the book is released with a newer cover, we create ACEs. If the book was not published yet and no ARCs were given out, then we would have 'replaced' the cover.

As an author you can also set the ACE to default so it appears first in search (see here.).

Thanks for reaching out!

message 5: by Monika (new)

Monika (monikal) | 674 comments #6- Hey, Angela, it's highly recommended that you start a new thread as this one is linked specifically to a book (See header). And please provide the book link or ISBN while requesting.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.