Authors & Reviewers discussion

Wanting books to review

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kitiera (new)

Kitiera Morey | 15 comments I'm an indie author myself, so I know how hard it is to get your book out there. I'd like to help out as much as I can. I'll read your book and give an honest review, and post it. Since I'm a new adult author, I prefer books of that nature, but I won't limit myself. I'm interested in most everything, though I'm not a huge fan of romance, Westerns, or sci-fi. But if the book sounds good, I'll give anything a shot. Can't wait to start reading.

message 2: by T.A. (new)

T.A. Sorsby (ta_sorsby) | 10 comments I only recently came across the term "new adult" and even after a Google I was none the wiser. Think it'd need to read one or two to get a feel for it.

Last week I put my book on Amazon. Would love for you to read it - your answer to the Writer's Block question is basically the opposite of mine, so it'd be great to have feedback from someone who does things differently!

I'll be up-front that there's zombies in it but they're more horror zombies than sci-fi zombies - if that makes sense. Here's a preview link, let me know if you're interested in the whole thing :)
https://read.amazon.co.uk/kp/embed?as...

And also a Goodreads link, for the synopsis and such.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by Kitiera (new)

Kitiera Morey | 15 comments T.A. wrote: "I only recently came across the term "new adult" and even after a Google I was none the wiser. Think it'd need to read one or two to get a feel for it.

Last week I put my book on Amazon. Would lov..."

So far I'm liking the book :D

message 4: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Benitez (sandybenitez) | 5 comments Hi Kitiera,

Would you be interested in reading my gothic fantasy novel, The Rosegiver? I'd be happy to send you a PDF copy if you are. Feel free to PM me or just leave a comment here.

Summary:

It is the late 1800s, in rural England, seventeen-year-old Rachel Harper has been summoned by her aunt to assist with housekeeping duties at the family inn. She is also required to perform duties as a rosegiver, a messenger for the weak, the broken-hearted, and the dying. On her journey to Rosethorne Inn, she befriends a writer named John, who informs her about a rash of missing girls in Thistle Grove and nearby towns. He also discusses the topic of vampyres which intrigues Rachel.

Upon arriving at Thistle Grove, they are greeted by a young man, named Ronan, who is employed by Rachel’s aunt. Eventually, he divulges his primary profession, a graveminder, something that is both ancient and dangerous. Shortly after, strange occurrences take place and Rachel is haunted by frightening dreams. Will she discover the secret behind the missing girls and the strange dreams? And will she sacrifice years from her life if it means saving the life of someone she loves?

Thanks,
Sandy

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (authorkate) | 2 comments I have just released a book "Myth of Perfection: Confessions of a housewife. Let me know if you'd be interested. I need reviews.

Uncovering what lies behind the myth of perfection can set you free. That’s what Claire found herself striving for…

Claire, an exhausted, overwhelmed, unappreciated mother of four is completely numb, barely surviving a troubled marriage. Alone in a new neighborhood that resembles Wisteria Lane, she is desperately trying to hold on to the illusion she has fiercely protected - being the perfect mother, wife, and lover to her husband.

At a neighborhood gathering she meets Liam, a younger man who lives only a few doors down. To her surprise, he makes her feel alive again for the first time in years. Claire struggles to keep Liam from settling into her thoughts and heart while continuing to hold on to her picture perfect life.

When the illusion of the perfect marriage and home begins to crumble around her, Claire finds herself on a journey full of twists and turns as she is forced to rebuild herself and her life from the inside out. (less)

message 6: by Kitiera (new)

Kitiera Morey | 15 comments Kate wrote: "I have just released a book "Myth of Perfection: Confessions of a housewife. Let me know if you'd be interested. I need reviews.

Uncovering what lies behind the myth of perfection can set you free..."

Yeah, I'll read your book.