2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Feel the Heat (Black Ops Inc., #4)
This topic is about Feel the Heat
Feel the Heat > Question N

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
Any other topics you'd like to discuss? What is your overall opinion of the story?

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Great questions, Jonetta. I read this book a few weeks ago, but the details just didn't stick in my mind. Still, I thought it was a great book.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 818 comments This is a really good series and I am really enjoying it.

Thanks, Robin. I'm enjoying the series, too, Anita.

Laura | 383 comments When reading these questions, I really couldn't remember enough to comment. It just didn't stick with me, even though I liked it while I was reading it.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Jonetta, Do you post the order in which you'll be reading books for monthly discussions? I had the same memory problems a couple others noted.

I would gladly read in the same order to keep my own memory of a book long enough for discussions. This all is subject, naturally, to when books become available. Just wishin' and hopin' ... no pressure!

Charlene, I'm doing six group reads each month. I cannot publish the order in which I'll be reading them within each month. Doing the best I can.

Laura wrote: "When reading these questions, I really couldn't remember enough to comment. It just didn't stick with me, even though I liked it while I was reading it."

Wow. I think that speaks to how impactful, or not, the story ended up being.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Didn't mean to be unreasonable, Jonetta.

Will try to tune in more to comments on what you're currently reading, etc. I've been skipping over several threads lately, duh...

Anita (anitanodiva) | 818 comments This month I read my discussion group books early in the month because most of my ARC's had May 30 publish dates. That meant that I had several books between my read time and answering the questions. Sometimes it just can't be helped.

Charlene wrote: "Didn't mean to be unreasonable, Jonetta.

Will try to tune in more to comments on what you're currently reading, etc. I've been skipping over several threads lately, duh..."

It's not an unreasonable request, just one I can't do. I wish I could publish a schedule for you guys.

My Mom is very ill. I visit her (8 hours round trip) every week and can't always choose my reading time anymore. Still juggling blog commitments, too, which further complicates my schedule. Sometimes I'm ready to read a book and realize I have the audio version and didn't download to my phone before leaving home and have to read something else.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 818 comments I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. It's a tough time when your parents get older and become ill. To be so far from her is difficult too. Take care and know you are in our prayers.

Thanks, Anita.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Jonetta,

I'm sorry you have such a long commute to see your mom. My parents are pushing ninety, and I know what you mean about reading, caring and time commitments going out the door when family members need you.

Prayers and good wishes for all of your family at this time.

Laura | 383 comments Jonetta wrote: "Laura wrote: "When reading these questions, I really couldn't remember enough to comment. It just didn't stick with me, even though I liked it while I was reading it."

Wow. I think that speaks to ..."

To be fair to the book I read it right after Wicked Sexy which I think is the best RS book I've read in a long time, so I may have still been thinking about that one.

Laura | 383 comments I'm sorry about your mom Jonetta. You do a phenomenal job with all these groups and reads etc, Take care of your mom and yourself, first. All these books will still be here.

Charlene wrote: "Jonetta,

I'm sorry you have such a long commute to see your mom. My parents are pushing ninety, and I know what you mean about reading, caring and time commitments going out the door when family ..."

I've been making the trip weekly since January and thank goodness for audiobooks as they've made the road trips bearable. My Mom is almost 86-years old but until she fell ill in November, had the mind and body of a 60-year old (not kidding). Her stamina was daunting (still is) so she's still fairly self sufficient. I just don't want to miss spending whatever time we've got left.

Laura wrote: "To be fair to the book I read it right after Wicked Sexy which I think is the best RS book I've read in a long time, so I may have still been thinking about that one. ..."

Aha! That explains it. You were still in that book's afterglow:)

Laura wrote: "I'm sorry about your mom Jonetta. You do a phenomenal job with all these groups and reads etc, Take care of your mom and yourself, first. All these books will still be here."

Thanks, Laura. I really, really wanted to do a schedule but had to reshape what I could do consistently.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments You are amazing in many respects, Jonetta. The books will be here and so will we!

2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wicked Sexy (other topics)