Play Book Tag discussion

May 2017: 2004 > Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsey

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joni (new)

Joni | 599 comments Darkly Dreaming Dexter

4 stars

Meet Dexter Morgan, a polite wolf in sheep's clothing. He's handsome and charming, but something in his past has made him abide by a different set of rules. He's a serial killer whose one golden rule makes him immensely likeable: he only kills bad people. And his job as a blood splatter expert for the Miami police department puts him in the perfect position to identify his victims. But when a series of brutal murders bearing a striking similarity to his own style start turning up, Dexter is caught between being flattered and being frightened -- of himself or some other fiend.

I liked this book. But I have some insight because I have seen most of the TV series. The fun thing for me was comparing the book to the TV series.....because there is a difference. Looking forward to finishing the book series.

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2054 comments I love Dexter!

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5549 comments I also really liked this book - 4 stars from me.
But by book three I had lost my interest in the series.

message 4: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3778 comments I really enjoyed this, and don't know why I've never picked up the next in the series.

I watched the first few episodes, and it seemed the series was modeled after the first book- like one season per book (similar to True Blood/ Sookie Stackhouse before the show departed from the books). Does this model hold true the entire series for the show?