You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Themed Reads: Preparation > June 2017 - Books Announced

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14605 comments Our group reads for June are The Butterfly Garden (nominated by Lisa) and The Night Sister (nominated by Silver).

Lisa and Silver, are you okay to lead the discussion?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9202 comments I just requested The Night Sister from the library. It is checked out and it seems it will be available only on the 16th, if the patron who has it doesn't return it before its due date. It sounds good. I hope to join you.

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47271 comments I have The Night Sister on Kindle, so will be joining in on that discussion.

I'll be interested to hear how people respond to The Butterfly Garden. I've been on the fence about that one for some reason.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9202 comments I added The Butterfly Garden to my TBR, don't remember why, but then I took it off because a couple of really bad reviews by some GR friends. I am interested in what people thinks of it.

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 12981 comments I already own The Butterfly Garden, so I'm really excited that it won. :) I'll be reading it next month. I think The Night Sister also looks good, though I don't know if I'll be able to fit them both in.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Yes, I can lead the discussion for The Butterfly Garden, Peggy. I'm looking forward to it :)

message 7: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14605 comments Thanks Lisa!

message 8: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9440 comments I will definitely join the read of The Butterfly Garden. Not sure about the other as I'm desparatly trying to curb my book buying :0

message 9: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18119 comments I'm intrigued about the butterfly garden do i'll be joining in.

message 10: by Rich (new)

Rich | 92 comments I will join in on the butterfly garden. My first group read. I have the book on kindle.

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9202 comments Welcome, Rich!

message 12: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14605 comments Welcome Rich! I'm sure you will enjoy it (the group read that is, can't say anything about the book).

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Welcome to YLTO, Rich! I hope you enjoy your first group read with us.

message 14: by Ben (new)

Ben (basebox) | 113 comments Welcome Rich!! I too shall be reading The Butterfly Garden and if I have time I shall also read The Teacher. Looking forward to this one.

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments I'm really looking forward to reading The Butterfly Garden alongside you all. Hopefully we will have a fun and interesting discussion :)

message 16: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 1282 comments Lisa, The Butterfly Garden looks yummy. I'll join you :)

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Anne (Booklady) wrote: "Lisa, The Butterfly Garden looks yummy. I'll join you :)"

Yay! Really glad you are coming along for the ride, Anne :)

message 18: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18119 comments Looks like we're going to have another well attended discussion this upcoming month.

message 19: by Will (new)

Will | 8 comments Looking forward to reading both this month.

message 20: by KimeyDiann (new)

KimeyDiann | 2174 comments I'll be joining in on The Butterfly Garden. It will actually be a reread for me!

message 21: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18119 comments I saw you'd rated it highly Kimey. One of the reasons I bought it actually.

message 22: by KimeyDiann (new)

KimeyDiann | 2174 comments Sarah wrote: "I saw you'd rated it highly Kimey. One of the reasons I bought it actually."

Now I'm nervous. I hope you don't hate it! lol

message 23: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18119 comments No pressure. Sounds right up my street.

message 24: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14605 comments I haven't heard back yet from Silver. If she doesn't respond in time, is there anyone who can lead the discussion of The Night Sister?

message 25: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47271 comments I'll be reading The Night Sister so will lead the discussion if we don't hear back from Silver in the next couple of days.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.