Review Group discussion

Finished rounds > Group 145. 18+ (COMPLETE)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 189 (189 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Emma, Group Admin (last edited May 30, 2017 02:53PM) (new)

Emma Jaye | 4044 comments Mod
The review group is the most successful group for peer reviews on goodreads. It hosts non-reciprocal reading/review rounds of ten authors with a variety of themes and genres, as well as ‘general’ rounds where any book is permitted, from non-fiction, to horror. When a round has ‘now forming’ in the title, there are places available, you can sign up. If it doesn’t, it’s full – look for another round.
The new amazon rules state that authors/publishers are no longer allowed to specifically supply published books in return for reviews on amazon. To comply with this new rule, we no longer insist members review on amazon. However, we are all in the same situation, we want reviews.
When sorting out groups, I prioritise those members who have fully participated in previous groups and don’t have multiple review connections with the other participants.

This is an 18+ round

Any book can be submitted to this round, but authors MUST be aware that graphic violence and adult scenes will be included in most of these books. if you hate graphic material, this is NOT the round for you.

If you are only willing to review your own preferred genre, make sure you join a genre round. Allocation is entirely random and there will NOT be any rearranging of the listing to accommodate personal preference. The ONLY circumstance in which you may duck out of giving a review is if YOU provide a stand-in reviewer.
Let’s be honest here – we don’t all like the same things but we all want reviews. The only way this group can function is if we trust each other to behave honourably. And it IS perfectly possible to give a fair-minded review of a text that does not coincide with our normal choice of reading matter. If you need a few hints/tips, please see this thread:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Now for the boring stuff, but please read it, it saves a lot of time if everyone is on the same wavelength.
Before signing up below with your goodreads author and goodreads book link in the thread below, please ensure that:
1. You have enough time to read and review 4 books within the time allowed.

2. Your book is currently available for sale on amazon (not pre-order) and it complies with the individual round theme, if there is one.

3. Your book is fit to be reviewed. If it is not, due to editing or other issues, you risk poor reviews. This is your problem, not that of the reviewers or the groups. For a small fee, the group admin will look at the first few pages of your book to advise. The number one error new authors make is not having their book beta read and edited, by non-family members.

4. You can submit reviews to goodreads, amazon.com and amazon.uk. Amazon has recently changed their criteria for reviewers to allow only those people who have spent $50 on amazon. If you are unsure about your amazon reviewer status, try posting a ‘test’ review before signing up.

5. You can provide (and accept) at least PDF files. Many authors can also provide mobi and epub files. You are not expected or required to buy the books you are allocated to review. Some authors borrow books via KU and others provide smashwords coupons. This is their choice. International Copyright laws apply. You cannot sell, or give away material you have received without the author’s express permission.

6. It is up to individuals what disclaimers they place in a review concerning receiving a book in exchange for a review. Note: reviews that state you received a copy ‘IN RETURN’ for a review will probably be removed/not allowed by amazon.com. ‘I received a free copy from the author without an obligation to review’ would be more acceptable if you feel the need to add a disclaimer.

7. You have completed your reading if you are currently in another review round in this group. You can be involved in the ‘one for one’ list whilst you are in a round.

8. You have an author profile set up before you join.

9. Your goodreads profile allows people to message you, i.e. your profile is not set to private.

10. You declare any relationship you have with another member in the round. Amazon will not allow reviews from the same household on the same book or if you are an editor, relative or close friend of another member.

11. You agree that your reviews will be unbiased and honest, whatever the star rating, and you will try to avoid ‘spoilers’. i.e. giving away the finale of a book.

12. You will not ask a fellow author to change a review of your book because you don’t agree with it. If you think you have a legitimate concern, talk to the mod of your round, NOT the other author. Personal attacks, or pressurising other members WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and will result in you being blacklisted.

13. The new amazon.com review guidelines do not allow for free books to be supplied in return for reviews. Therefore, you are not obliged to review on amazon, just on goodreads. We all want reviews, its why we joined the group. It is bad taste to expect other people to review your book and then not do the same for other people in the group. People that DNF and/or don’t post reviews will find it difficult to get into a subsequent group.

14. Your goodreads details and the rounds you participate in will be recorded by the admin mod on a database. We do not retain details of email addresses etc.

The founding principle of the group is honest, non-reciprocal reviews, so please help maintain the integrity of the group by letting me know as you sign up if you have been reviewed by, or have reviewed another author in the group. Usually places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
I will do my best to fit everyone into the group they request, but occasionally, particularly in the case of our more prolific good standing members, I may have to decline a member request to fit the maximum number of people into a particular round. I will always endeavour to start another round as soon as possible with that member in mind.
It is permissible to review an author more than once if a different book is available.
If you need anything clarified please ask, either by goodreads personal message to me or on the thread below, before signing up. It’s a pain to have to keep rearranging the list because people haven’t read the above.

Your group moderator will be
L.N. Denison>

Member Links
1.L.N. Denison
2.TaM D'Lyte
3.Erin Lee Daniels
4.J.P. Willson
5.J.B. Trepagnier
6.Neil Carstairs
7.Charles C. McCormack
8.Stella Knights
9.Carol Devine
10.K. Fitzgerald

Book Links
1.Only the Few
2.Bittersweet: Sanctuary
3.Blaque Beauty and the Billionaire
4.Through the Mind's Eye: A Journey of Self-Discovery
5.Mission: Naughty Horace
6.The Anomaly
7.Hatching Charlie: A Psychotherapist's Tale
8.Taken Outback
9.Shane
10.The Dread Dream

message 2: by L.N. (last edited May 28, 2017 08:08AM) (new)

L.N. Denison | 1009 comments Mod
I would like to join with my new one, Only the Few =)! I have read the rules and agree. Here are my links:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Thanks =)!

message 3: by J.P. (last edited May 28, 2017 09:06AM) (new)

J.P. Willson | 326 comments I would also like to join this one- I am currently in the 140 group but will post my final review for this within 24 hours....J.P. WillsonThrough the Mind's Eye: A Journey of Self-Discovery
Thanks...
Oops, I forgot, yes I have read the rules and have no conflicts at this point.

message 4: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Trepagnier (jbtrepagnier) | 238 comments I'd like to join with Salome: A Modern Retelling. I've read the rules and have no conflicts so far

message 5: by L.N. (new)

I have read J.B, but not that book.

message 6: by Emma, Group Admin (new)

Thanks L.N.

message 7: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Trepagnier (jbtrepagnier) | 238 comments SORRY! I'd like to change my book to Special Agent Mauve-Mission: Naughty Horace

It should be up on Amazon by tomorrow

message 8: by TaM (last edited May 28, 2017 11:45AM) (new)

TaM D'Lyte (tamdlyte) | 36 comments I have read the rules and agree and would like to be a part of this round with a question. How often do people review a book and NOT put it on Amazon?

Here is my book if the answer is "rarely"... LOL:

Bittersweet: Sanctuary https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 101 comments I would like to join and have no conflicts. I have reviewed JB before but not the book listed in the comments (the newest one). I would like to join with my novella Blaque Beauty and the Billionaire

I have read, agree to and can comply with all rules.

message 10: by Emma, Group Admin (new)

I'll fit you in now Erin. J.B, you are very popular!

message 11: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Trepagnier (jbtrepagnier) | 238 comments I'm such a review slut. I get around in the book world

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 101 comments Emma wrote: "I'll fit you in now Erin. J.B, you are very popular!"

Awesome - thanks :)

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 101 comments J.B. wrote: "I'm such a review slut. I get around in the book world"

No, you're just showing a little review leg ;)

message 14: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Hasbrouck (maggiehasbrouck) | 46 comments If it is not too complicated I'd love to join with https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

I've read and understand the rules.
I have read and reviewed Through the Mind's Eye by J.P Wilson
I've also read and reviewed a book by J.B. Trepagnier, but not the one here.

message 15: by Neil (new)

Neil Carstairs | 670 comments I'm not sure if I will fit with the names already on the list but I can only try.

I have reviewed all of L.N.'s books and Carly and JB have reviewed me but not The Anomaly that I am putting up for review

message 16: by Emma, Group Admin (new)

I think I've got everyone so far sorted now. But if you could check, I'd be grateful. You review the four names under you. The four names 'above' you, review your book.

message 17: by L.N. (new)

Glad you put Neil in that spot. He has read OTF =).

message 18: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Mozes (silvamozes) | 1 comments Hi! I've read the rules and would like to join with Exchanged. I haven't read Blaque Beauty, but my coauthor on "Exchanged" did during Round 136. Also, my coauthor is currently in Round 141.

message 19: by Charles (new)

Charles McCormack | 30 comments Hatching Charlie: A Psychotherapist's Tale
Charles C McCormack
I would like to join this review group

message 20: by Joannes (new)

Joannes Rhino (sethlestath) | 41 comments Hi Em,

I would like to join this group.

The Unseen Face

Joannes Rhino

Thanks.

message 22: by Molly (new)

Molly McHugh | 56 comments I will join - only one book here I know (and I've reviewed!) - J.P. Wilson's "Through the Mind's Eye". Others new, looks awesome.

My author profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

My book: Bipolar 1 Disorder - How to Survive and Thrive.
Link on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

thank you!

message 23: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Trepagnier (jbtrepagnier) | 238 comments I've already read and reviewed Molly

message 24: by L.N. (new)

I have also read Molly's book.

message 25: by TaM (new)

TaM D'Lyte (tamdlyte) | 36 comments omg I can see how this gets so complicated now! If nothing moves, I'm good where I'm at and haven't read the four below me. If I am moved, I HAVE read Lonna's Everyday Is Like Sunday: A Memoir...

message 26: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Willson | 326 comments I have also read and reviewed both Molly and Lonna's....just to throw this in there I have read JB also but not this book. Everybody clear now?

message 27: by Kilby (new)

Kilby Blades (kilbyblades) | 42 comments I would like to join with Snapdragon! Here are my links:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

I have a conflict with "Muriel Avenue Sluts" which I read in a previous round.

Thanks!

message 28: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Trepagnier (jbtrepagnier) | 238 comments I read and reviewed Snapdragon in a previous round.

Lawd ya'll, to quote a little Mean Girls, Raise your hand if you've never been personally victimized by one of JB's books

message 29: by Carol (new)

Carol Devine | 21 comments I've read the rules and agree with them. Is there still room? I haven't read any books listed and/or authors (yep, virgin here)

Carol Devine

Shane

message 30: by TaM (new)

TaM D'Lyte (tamdlyte) | 36 comments *raises hand* I'm not even sure what that means... LOL

message 31: by Stella (last edited May 29, 2017 08:37PM) (new)

Stella Knights (stellaknights) I would like to join this review group. I have read the rules and I have no conflicts. I have plenty of time to review other books. I can review on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Goodreads.

My book is:
Taken Outback

Thanks everyone!
Stella Knights

message 32: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Trepagnier (jbtrepagnier) | 238 comments TaM wrote: "*raises hand* I'm not even sure what that means... LOL"

TaM, your homework assignment is to watch Mean Girls and report back

message 33: by Emma, Group Admin (new)

Vanessa wrote: "Hi! I've read the rules and would like to join with Exchanged. I haven't read Blaque Beauty, but my coauthor on "Exchanged" did during Round 136. Also, my coauthor is currently in Round 141."

I can fit you in here, but form the look of it, your book doesn't appear to have graphic violence and/or adult situations. Are you sure this is the best group for you?

message 34: by Emma, Group Admin (new)

Brandon, you are already in 143. I'll delete your post here so I don't get too confused.
Rules are one round at a time.
Setting up 6 groups at once is a but tricky.

message 35: by Emma, Group Admin (last edited May 30, 2017 12:57AM) (new)

I officially have a headache.

Molly, no. just no. I can't cope with all those conflicts.

I'm looking at the other sign ups now, but I have to warn you, not everyone will get in.

Right, I think I've got an order that works. Please check your conflicts. You will review the four names below yours. The four authors above you, will review you.
I will leave this list up for 24 hrs for you to confirm.

Those that aren't on the list, a thousand apologies! This one was just too popular.
I'll try to start more groups ASAP. As always, people willing to
mod will be grabbed....

message 36: by Neil (new)

Neil Carstairs | 670 comments That order is good for me

message 37: by Emma, Group Admin (new)

Thank Neil

message 38: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Willson | 326 comments As there are only three authors above me, we would go back to the 10 spot, correct? That being the case, Maggie has already reviewed mine. Now I have a headache Emma...otherwise I'm good.

message 39: by Emma, Group Admin (new)

Ok. As you only have one book, and Maggie signed up after you, I'll have to bump Maggie from the group.

Maggie, you have Peggy reviewing in another round for you at the moment, so at least you'll be getting some reviews.

message 40: by Emma, Group Admin (new)

The next on my list of possibles, as Vanessa hasn't got back to me is Kilby.
As long as the only conflict in the list is J.B. It works.

Now I'm just waiting for the next BUT. Or should I say butt as this is an 18+

message 41: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Willson | 326 comments Ummm, Emma now I feel bad. Butt- it gets worse, Kilby has also reviewed my book.....

message 42: by Emma, Group Admin (new)

Right. Ever get the feeling that your BUTT is getting bigger all the time LOL.

Ok so not Kilby, then. I guess we wait for Vanessa unless.... she's read your book too?

message 43: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Willson | 326 comments Not unless she has uninformed me of this, I do not believe so....Butt- one never knows.....

message 44: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Trepagnier (jbtrepagnier) | 238 comments I'm good with the list now. Hopefully no more conflicts for me

message 45: by Molly (new)

Molly McHugh | 56 comments Haven't been added - is there a reason? Thanks!

message 46: by L.N. (new)

The list is good for me, and it means I get read part 2 of the Agent Mauve books =D.

message 47: by TaM (new)

TaM D'Lyte (tamdlyte) | 36 comments Teacher!?! J.B. is trying to get me in troouuuble! *whine* LOL

And Molly, I think in Message 36, Teacher, I mean Mod Emma says your book has too many conflicts? Just answering so you know now in case it's a while for her to get back...

I'm good with the list as is, only I thought I was going to have a heart attack cuz The Anomaly said it was 1430 pages on the goodreads listing!!! Amazon says only 360pgs... whew... LOL

message 48: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Willson | 326 comments TaM wrote: "Teacher!?! J.B. is trying to get me in troouuuble! *whine* LOL

And Molly, I think in Message 36, Teacher, I mean Mod Emma says your book has too many conflicts? Just answering so you know now in c..."

Yeah, 1430 pages-that sort of frightened me too!

message 49: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Trepagnier (jbtrepagnier) | 238 comments TaM wrote: "Teacher!?! J.B. is trying to get me in troouuuble! *whine* LOL

And Molly, I think in Message 36, Teacher, I mean Mod Emma says your book has too many conflicts? Just answering so you know now in c..."

My new goal for this entire round is to corrupt TaM

message 50: by TaM (new)

TaM D'Lyte (tamdlyte) | 36 comments *covers eyes* nooooooo!

« previous 1 3 4