What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Picture Book from 90s featuring a young girl with big curly hair, her mother looks very similar.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (book.quill) (last edited May 28, 2017 07:58AM) (new)

Nicole (book.quill) (nbolinpin) | 14 comments The problem with this is I could paint you a picture of the girl, I have such a clear image of her in my mind, but not enough to search the book. It's been bugging me for the last few recent years.

It's an illustrated story book, like the fairly simple ones you get for kids to read at bedtime. It's taller than it is wide if I remember right.

There's a young girl, she's darker skinned (not african descent, but didn't look super caucasian from what I remember). It's a fairly realistic style of art, less cartoon, more like a caricature. She has curly big hair.

Her mom looks very similar to her.

I remember her having to fly downstairs to breakfast using these big (possibly) metallic wings and stuff, making her look like an armoured bird. I think she had a pet creature but I honestly can't remember. It's kinda adventurous and whimsical, I believe it just shows her day from breakfast to bedtime.

It's frustrating to have such a clear image but not remember enough to be able to find it again. My family was a huge scholastic book fair family so it's likely one they would have sold. It's from when I was a kid so published in the 90s to no later than probably 2003.

If anyone can help, you'd honestly save my brain from this nagging of not knowing the book title. Thank you in advance.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37566 comments Mod
Nicole is still looking for this picture book about a girl.

"She's not white, has curly curly hair. She and her mom look crazy identical. She builds a metal bird suit I believe and flys downstairs. I think she has a pet monster at school. Or maybe an alien visits. It's mostly white but then has very colourful almost realistic drawings of the characters. Read in the late 90s early 2000s, probably a scholastic book. This has plagued me for years "

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Jul 07, 2018 10:48PM) (new)

Nicole is still looking for this.

"A book about a girl going to school. She meets a new kid who is an alien. She flies with metal wings. Her mother looks a lot like her."

Please bookmark this thread so you don't lose it !!

And bump this thread (no more often than every 30 days) rather than creating a new one.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Nicole, are you still looking for this or did you find it?