Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Add a new book to my profile?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (last edited May 28, 2017 04:58AM) (new)

Christopher Sly (christophersly) | 4 comments Hello, My new book shows up in search with me listed as the author, but does not appear in my author profile.

The Lord's Bedchamber - ASIN: B071NZF5Z5

There is some confusion because I previously published a book under the title The Lord's Bedchamber: Western Alchemy, that is now unpublished. This is an earlier, and significantly different version.

Even worse, my novel Hero Nation is the earliest version of The Lord's Bedchamber. I guess that makes the new version the third edition. Perhaps you can help me fix this? I'm new to using the author role.

message 2: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Since all three books are editions of the same work only one of them will be shown, the "default" one. The others will be shown as "Other Editions". You can set the default edition by following these steps.

message 3: by David (last edited May 28, 2017 05:18AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Please stop undoing my changes and removing content against Goodreads policy.

All three books are currently available on Amazon. They are not "unpublished". Even if they were, we don't remove content against policy, we follow the out-of-print policy.

message 4: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Sly (christophersly) | 4 comments Sorry David. My Amazon account show the Western Alchemy version as unpublished, so this is news to me. I will stop messing with the descriptions. I see they are now listed as three editions. Thank you. One last request, is it possible to make the latest edition -

The Lord's Bedchamber - ASIN B071NZF5Z5

The prominent edition on my author's profile instead of Hero Nation, the first edition? Sorry for the trouble. Thank you for you assistance.

message 5: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Sly (christophersly) | 4 comments Perfect. Thank you. Sorry for breaking the rules. I am now familiar with the out-of-print policy and will not cross that line again.

message 6: by David (last edited May 28, 2017 06:31AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments You are correct, Western Alchemy is not available for purchase. I added a line at the top of the description to that effect: The Lord's Bedchamber: Western Alchemy. I wish you best of luck getting Hero Nation off the shelves. Once this is successful we can add a similar line to that description.

What you call "prominent edition" is what we call "default edition" or sometimes "primary edition". As the author you can set it yourself, follow these instructions.

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Sly (christophersly) | 4 comments I have reset the default edition. Thank you for your help. Have a great day.