Reading 1001 discussion

Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Vol. 2 of 2 (chapter 61-120)
Archives > Q2 (Chapters 33-63) - Question 4

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

John Seymour Q2 - Question 4. Share any passages or quotes that you found especially noteworthy.

message 2: by Book (last edited Nov 19, 2017 06:35AM) (new)

Book Wormy | 1922 comments Mod
"She turned her wrathful eyes to Sun Quan and said, "you were heir to your father and brother and obtained possession ao all these lands without the least effort. Yet you are dissatisfied and would forget the claims of your own flesh and blood and sacrifice your sister for the sake of adding a little to your lands"
Go Mum you tell him!

"Cao Cao smiled and said, "For her sake then you have brought a whole household to death. What advantage would there be in preserving such a miscreat?"
He has a fair point Miao Ze betrayed everyone for a woman

"Kan Ze was from Shanyin, a son of a humble family. He loved books, but as he was too poor to buy, he used to borrow"
Early public library system?

John Seymour Book wrote: "Early public library system? "

LOL - I suspect borrowing from friends. I would think public library systems require a fairly widespread literacy.

message 4: by Book (new)

John wrote: "Book wrote: "Early public library system? "

LOL - I suspect borrowing from friends. I would think public library systems require a fairly widespread literacy."

But I really like the idea of an early public library system LOL

John Seymour Book wrote: "John wrote: "Book wrote: "Early public library system? "

LOL - I suspect borrowing from friends. I would think public library systems require a fairly widespread literacy."

But I really like the ..."

Yes, and unicorns are a nice idea too, but . . .

message 6: by Book (new)

John wrote: "Book wrote: "John wrote: "Book wrote: "Early public library system? "

But I rea..."

I refuse to believe that Unicorns don't exist!!