History in Vogue discussion

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
This topic is about The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
2017 > The Tenant of Wildfell Hall: The Conclusion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marie Williams | 561 comments Mod
Gilbert finishes Helen's journal, and agrees to her request that they remain friends, corresponding only through letters after she finds a new residence. He soon hears she has left the village, only to find she has returned to her husband, who is near death.

Piyumi | 45 comments Thank you Marie :) for this read up. Although I had my issues with this book, I'm glad I got to read this, since I was eager to read Anne's work and complete my Bronte set ;). Also I'm happy to have done it in a group read and share the difficulties and be guided by the group discussion...reminded me a lot of my Lit classes back in Uni :D. Thanks also for the background info and other tidbits around the novel and its author
Looking forward to the next read :)

Marie Williams | 561 comments Mod
Piyumi wrote: "Thank you Marie :) for this read up. Although I had my issues with this book, I'm glad I got to read this, since I was eager to read Anne's work and complete my Bronte set ;). Also I'm happy to hav..."

You're welcome :) The next group read won't be until July at least. I'm super busy right now, so it might have to wait until August, but I'm going to get the voting opened up in the next day or so. I'll change it if I need to postpone. The theme will be Graham Greene next.