Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General IR Book Discussion > Recs of IR Mafia please!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments This is very flooded trope so would really appreciate some to find the best ones,. I'm partial to the Russians, but open to any good mafia tale. What are some of your faves?

My own faves so far: Her Russian Billionaire 50 Loving States, Texas by Theodora Taylor
Sienna Mynx's Battaglia Mafia series Destino (Battaglia Mafia #1) by Sienna Mynx Amore (Battaglia Mafia #5) by Sienna Mynx La Famiglia (Battaglia Mafia #4) by Sienna Mynx
Medlov Crime Family Dmitry's Closet (The Medlov Crime Family, #1) by Latrivia S. Nelson Saving Anya (The Medlov Crime Family, #4) by Latrivia S. Nelson (I've only read Dmtry and Anatoly books)

message 2: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 81 comments Hi Pagan,

Two really good mafia romances that I really enjoyed are Desired and Desired Too by S. K. Lessly
Desired by S.K. Lessly Desired Too Loving An Alpha Male by S.K. Lessly

The heros in these are both Italian though.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Marissa wrote: "Hi Pagan,

Two really good mafia romances that I really enjoyed are Desired and Desired Too by S. K. Lessly
Desired by S.K. Lessly Desired Too Loving An Alpha Male by S.K. Lessly

Th..."

Thanks Marissa. I'll check them out. Always on the lookout for a new-to-me author.

message 4: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments The 5th book in Roxie Rivera's "Her Russian Protector" series has a Russian hero, Black heroine Sergei (Her Russian Protector, #5) by Roxie Rivera & the 2nd features a Russian hero, Hispanic heroine Dimitri (Her Russian Protector, #2) by Roxie Rivera . I don't think you necessarily have to read the series in order to enjoy the books.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Desperado wrote: "The 5th book in Roxie Rivera's "Her Russian Protector" series has a Russian hero, Black heroine Sergei (Her Russian Protector, #5) by Roxie Rivera & the 2nd features a Russian hero, Hispanic heroine [bookcover:Dimitri|17..."

Thanks I wanted to try that author but wasn't sure which books were IR, and if they could be read as standalones.

message 6: by Tippit (new)

Tippit | 96 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Desperado wrote: "The 5th book in Roxie Rivera's "Her Russian Protector" series has a Russian hero, Black heroine Sergei (Her Russian Protector, #5) by Roxie Rivera & the 2nd features a Russian hero, Hispanic heroine [bo..."

I've read what's available for that series and was pleased. Sergei actually has a 2nd book [bookcover:Sergei, Volume 2|20440186] and the first book of the whole series Ivan (Her Russian Protector, #1) by Roxie Rivera is free.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

message 7: by sjoyce (new)

sjoyce | 2 comments Mallory Monroe writes short interracial books with mafia leaning. Her latest book came out today: Big Daddy Sinatra: Charles in Charles. I don't know how add links to books. I tried but either the book is so new, it hasn't been added; or I don't know what I'm doing. I'm new to Goodreads and am still learning my way navigating. Any help with simple directions or points on how to insert links is appreciated.

In Goodreads Help, sometimes I can find what I need and sometimes I can't. I'm sure my granddaughter could teach me but unfortunately she lives in another state and it'll be a couple if weeks before I see her. This discussion will probably be over with.

Ms. Monroe's books are stand-alones but it helps if you've read other books in the series. There's a lot of interrelated books and the characters make appearances in different books. IMHO, her books are not on the level with the Battaglia Mafia series, etc. However they are short entertaining reads that are usually published monthly. Some sex scenes are pretty erotic which I often skip which makes the books even shorter. The books have quite a few errors that could be distracting. If either if those bother you, they're not for you. I read them while waiting for books that may only be published semi-yearly or longer. Forgive me for this long post. Inform me if this post is out of order here.

message 8: by Meka♥books (new)

Meka♥books (book143er) | 403 comments Here's the link to Mallory Monroe's new book sjoyce recommends:

Big Daddy Sinatra Charles In Charge (Big Daddy Sinatra Series Book 6) by Mallory Monroe Big Daddy Sinatra: Charles In Charge

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Thanks ladies. I tried and loved Billy London's Windows (Italian Knights, #1) by Billy London , but ended up DNFing the second book in the series On Caristo's Watch (Italian Knights, #2) by Billy London . I'm not sure it was the books fault, or waiting too long in between reads. I couldn't remember enough of the first book to get invested in the characters.

message 10: by sjoyce (new)

sjoyce | 2 comments Meka,

Thanks for posting the link to "Big Daddy and Sinatra: Charles in Charge". If you have simple instructions on how I may add a bookcover or link to my comments. Goodreads Help doesn't help. Even if you have to post it to another discussion, I can find it. The following is what I get when trying add a bookcover or link to my comments:

Big Daddy Sinatra Charles In Charge (Big Daddy Sinatra Series Book 6) by Mallory Monroe Big Daddy Sinatra: Charles In Charge"

message 11: by sjoyce (new)

sjoyce | 2 comments It showed the bookcover and link. I expected it to show up like that in comnents. Wonder if I can do it again. Alfonzo is a good series by S. W. Frank. You pretty much have to read them in order to keep up, especially the later ones. I read 11. There 24 or 25 books. I've enjoyed them all except one. Some are better than others but they're all good.

Alfonzo (Alfonzo, #1) by S.W. Frank

Bookcover no link. I'll try again later