New Adult Book Club discussion

Portia Moore
This topic is about Portia Moore
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Portia Moore

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth)

Hey NABC! We've got the lovely Portia Moore here for a Q&A! Portia is the author of If I Break, Almost Broken, Beautifully Broken, The Trouble With Before, and many more! Leave your questions for her below! <3

message 2: by warhawke (new)

warhawke | 1190 comments Hi Portia!

Have you always wanted to be an author or was it something that came later in life?

Oh by the way, I'm in love with that face on The Trouble With Before by Portia Moore lol!

message 3: by Cami (new)

Cami (cami_reads) | 36 comments Hi Portia! As I havent read any of your books yet I wonder how you would describe your books in 3 words? My friend has recently read your If I break series and gave them great reviews so I hope to read them too and especially before RARE18 in London next year since I'm going!!
Oh and a favve Q of mine: what is your favve romcom movie? :)

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan Grass (gypsygirl2015) | 7 comments Do you read a lot? I would think as a writer it would be hard not to read other works and keep your work separate.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Hi! Who are some if your favorite authors?

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Haley (vanessahaley) | 86 comments Hi there Portia, thanks for the opportunity of a great giveaway. Being a new follower of your writing, which book of your books would you suggest a newbie to read? Should I start with the new book "He Lived Next Door". The description on Goodreads makes the book very enticing!

message 7: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments Good Morning! What is your "must-have" when you are in writing mode?

message 8: by Portia (new)

Portia Moore warhawke wrote: "Hi Portia!

Have you always wanted to be an author or was it something that came later in life?

Oh by the way, I'm in love with that face on The Trouble With Before by Portia Moore lol!"

Hi Cassie! For a brief time when I was younger I did. As I got older I wanted to be a screenplay writer because writing books didn't seem feasible and then 50 shades became huge and everything changed :)

message 9: by Portia (new)

Portia Moore Cammie wrote: "Hi Portia! As I havent read any of your books yet I wonder how you would describe your books in 3 words? My friend has recently read your If I break series and gave them great reviews so I hope to ..."

Hi Cammie!

I would say angsty, twisty and ugly cry LOL.

My favorite Rom Com is My Best Friends wedding :)

message 10: by Portia (new)

Portia Moore Jan wrote: "Do you read a lot? I would think as a writer it would be hard not to read other works and keep your work separate."

Hi Jan,

Not as much as before I became published and this became my career. However when I do read I make sure it's a different genre so it doesn't slip into my own work.

message 11: by Portia (new)

Portia Moore Vanessa wrote: "Hi there Portia, thanks for the opportunity of a great giveaway. Being a new follower of your writing, which book of your books would you suggest a newbie to read? Should I start with the new book ..."

Hi Vanessa!

You can absolutely start with He Lived Next Door. It's my first standalone and I'm very proud of it. :)

message 12: by Portia (new)

Portia Moore Cassie wrote: "Good Morning! What is your "must-have" when you are in writing mode?"

A computer that's it lol.

message 13: by Portia (new)

Portia Moore Nicole wrote: "Hi! Who are some if your favorite authors?"

This changes a lot. I have stopped having favorite authors and more like favorite books. As of now some of them are Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. Marrow Tarryn Fischer. Dark Places Gillian Flynn. Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris.

message 14: by Carolina (new)

Carolina León (cariiitolm) | 94 comments Hey girl. I wanted to ask you. What's the most difficult part when you write a book???

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Curry (colebowl91) | 82 comments What's the last 5 star book you read?

message 16: by Portia (new)

Portia Moore Carolina wrote: "Hey girl. I wanted to ask you. What's the most difficult part when you write a book???"

For me its usually the middle.

message 17: by Portia (new)

Portia Moore Nicole wrote: "What's the last 5 star book you read?"
Behind Closed Doors BA Paris

message 18: by Irma (new)

Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer* | 325 comments Which character of yours is your favourite?

message 19: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic | 218 comments Hi Portia!

Do you like to write with music or prefer the silence? If so, what type of music inspires you?

message 20: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments Portia wrote: "Cassie wrote: "Good Morning! What is your "must-have" when you are in writing mode?"

A computer that's it lol."

So simple - I LOVE it!