The Woman in Cabin 10 The Woman in Cabin 10 discussion

Carrie and Anne

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kerstin Gable ** spoiler alert ** Is it just me or did anyone else think that Carrie was Anne all along. Nobody else backed up Carries story to Lo. She had to take her word for it. I think Richard never knew that Lo was being held on board. Carrie was supposed to take Anne place after she left the boat like she said but Anne found out and killed Carrie-the one Lo met at the door of Cabin 10-that night of the splash. Since Anne was still on board Richard didn't dare check on Carrie. That's why he didn't notice anything wrong until Lo came to him the following afternoon to tell him what she heard. He checked on Carrie and didn't find her there. He also didn't want to get his wife in trouble or have the publicity if it came out that his lover was murdered by his wife on board so he let it go. Since nobody knew that Carrie was on board. But Anne saw an opportunity to get rid off her cheating husband as well. She turned an unfortunate situation-Lo witnessing the crime-into an opportunity and dressed up as Carrie. Since it always worked the other way around. She held Lo captive and brainwashed her into believing the story. After she let her out, she asked her to not go to the police for 24h. In that time she killed Richard and left. Lo told the police that the first body had to be Anne, according to Carries story. The real Anne disappeared and was believed dead in England where the story unfortunately broke because of Lo's disappearance. Norway publicized a suspiciously little amount of the whole story, showing no pictures of the copses to Judah. Which means that maybe Anne had the influence with high people instead of Richard. Since she was the one belonging to that great family. I got suspicious when the author said Anne is a fighter in the end, which would explain the tigger bounces thing. Annes mom and not Carries told her that. This was the only true thing she told Lo, when her guard was down. Otherwise how would Carrie have that much money in the end? She can't, as a lover inherit the fortune of her lovers dead wife. Did anybody else think that?

Cynthia Chavez Kerstin wrote: "** spoiler alert ** Is it just me or did anyone else think that Carrie was Anne all along. Nobody else backed up Carries story to Lo. She had to take her word for it. I think Richard never knew tha..."

This is totally a possibility! It would explain a lot! I almost want to read it again with that in mind, and see if things would still work out with Carrie as Anne. ;)

Marcia I found that i couldn't put the book down. Torn between did she imagine it or did something really happen. I wondered about the money also

Mirkat No. Anne was weak from cancer treatment, and Carrie was obviously strong. There was the difference in their eye color. Lo had met the real Anne after meeting dark-eyed Carrie. Anne had lost her hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes to chemo treatment. Carrie had shaved her eyebrows and hair off to pass as Anne, but she'd kept her lashes. Lo noticed the eyebrows were starting to grow back in. Also, Lo had no involvement in the finding or identifying of Anne's body. Presumably, there was forensic evidence that probably included DNA.

Tiffany I kind of wish it was all in Lo's mind, but now that you mention that, it would have made the story line a little more interesting reading it from that point of view.

Cassie Kerstin wrote: "** spoiler alert ** Is it just me or did anyone else think that Carrie was Anne all along. Nobody else backed up Carries story to Lo. She had to take her word for it. I think Richard never knew tha..."

Ha! I like this a lot!

message 7: by Simone (new) - added it

Simone Mirkat wrote: "No. Anne was weak from cancer treatment, and Carrie was obviously strong. There was the difference in their eye color. Lo had met the real Anne after meeting dark-eyed Carrie. Anne had lost her hai..."

Perhaps the author was hoping we would forget about those things. Unless Richard paid Carrie beforehand for her performance, I don't see how she would have money to send to Lo. It's more plausible from a financial standpoint that the survivor is Anne.

Mirkat Simone wrote: "Perhaps the author was hoping we would forget about those things. Unless Richard paid Carrie beforehand for her performance, I don't see how she would have money to send to Lo. It's more plausible from a financial standpoint that the survivor is Anne."

Only Anne's body is found and identified. It wouldn't be plausible that the body is actually Carrie's. They wouldn't have the same DNA, dental records, etc.

Geri Now that would have made for a much more interesting read. Reading how insufferably naive and stupid (yet she's a journalist!!!) Lo was, particularly at the end of the book, was trying at times.

Mirkat Agreed about Lo--I can't say I'm a fan. :)

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim Coyle I found it a bit contrived.