2021 Reading Challenge discussion

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
This topic is about City of Glass
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2017 > City of Glass (Mortal Instruments #3)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new) - added it

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Cassandra Clare‘s book, City of Glass.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Deborah, Brianna, Lindsay, Kyla, Taylor R, Maria, Joan, Allie, Lavender

message 2: by Mary Pat (new) - added it

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 135
Week 2: 135
Week 3: 135
Week 4: 135

Brianna (bebecburt) | 375 comments I'm excited to dive into this one next month!

Taylor C | 454 comments Oh dang, I'm up for this one! Lol! I've been away from Goodreads, and I can't believe it has been this long and we're on the 3rd book already. I'll download a copy now :)

Joan Barnett | 790 comments I'm all ready to go. I revamped my list for it.

Joan Barnett | 790 comments I've read the first chapter. It's easy to get back into the world. The first chapter also reminds you of where the second one left off.

Joan Barnett | 790 comments I have read through chapter 7. I can't believe how this story has sucked me back in. It's been hard to put it down today to get chores done. Everyone is back in trouble or in some predicament. Lies and secrets are all over the place. I have a theory about this Sebastian that has been introduced in this book. It's a 541 page book but I can see I'll be powering through it and will want to continue the rest of the series as quickly as possible. Has anyone else started the book yet?

Brianna (bebecburt) | 375 comments I have a couple books to finish first and then I'll be diving in on this one - hopefully next week!

Joan Barnett | 790 comments Now that the work week has started my pace has definitely slowed. I'm through chapter 10 now. (view spoiler)

message 10: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 790 comments I'm through chapter 13 now. There is still a lot of action. (view spoiler) With my gift card my sister gave me I ordered the last three books from Amazon. They came yesterday. Although they are in the new covers and not the old covers which will drive me nuts but the pages in-between are the same I keep telling myself. That's what I get for not reading the series when I bought the first three so long ago. Is anyone else like that with series book covers? I hate it when they change them and you have half of one set and half of another. They'll be the first books I look for at used bookstores or book swaps.

message 11: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 790 comments I've completed parts 1 and 2. It is still keeping me entertained.

message 12: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 790 comments I've completed the book. It was pretty good. I'm trying to figure out what the other books will be about in the series. (view spoiler)

Anyone else read it yet?

Alicia (karalena) | 238 comments I have read all of them, it is worth continuing the series.

message 14: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 790 comments Alicia wrote: "I have read all of them, it is worth continuing the series."

I usually see a series through. I bought the rest of them with a gift card and am fitting them in this year. I like Jace and Clary as characters. Most of the characters in the book are likable.

Alicia (karalena) | 238 comments Joan wrote: "Alicia wrote: "I have read all of them, it is worth continuing the series."

I usually see a series through. I bought the rest of them with a gift card and am fitting them in this year. I like Jace..."

yeah, most of them are there were a few characters I absolutely hated in that series but it was a good series.

Lindsay | 1311 comments I had read the first four chapters and then misplaced my copy. I've found it again now but I may not be done by the end of the month.

message 17: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 790 comments Lindsay wrote: "I had read the first four chapters and then misplaced my copy. I've found it again now but I may not be done by the end of the month."

No problem - you can still comment after the month is over. We are reading book 4 in July so I'm sure you can chime in there as well. My daughter is reading the series now and I'm sure she'll surpass me since she is off from school for the summer.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 375 comments I have not had the chance to pick this one up like I planned this month! Hopefully I'll be able to in the next week or two and get caught up for book 4!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Glass (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassandra Clare (other topics)