Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Dark Fantasy with Villain Protagonist

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cleo (new)

Cleo Zhang (Lightmoon54) | 3 comments Hi, everyone! I just joined this site, and would really love to have someone who can kindly take a look and offer me some feedback regarding my fantasy project. Just a quick word: it has been going on for 6 years and can be quite long. Of course, you can stop anytime and I would really appreciate all the help you can generously provide.

Here's a quick blurb:

[Feared, despised, and exiled, a young God meandered throughout the Three Worlds in dreary isolation and forsaken shadows. With a bleeding heart that had long been swallowed by darkness and murderous fury, he desired nothing more than to destroy all that had wronged him...That was, until he finally met her.

Stunned, he stared at the girl. Another tear carved down her burning cheeks and her lips quivered into a soft, pained smile. "At the very least... you have me, Jarred."]

I don't usually make any grammar or typo mistakes. But I would really love it if you can let me know if the characterization and plot makes sense. If you are interested, please let me know what you think.

message 2: by Ime (new)

Ime Atakpa | 82 comments Is the draft complete? How many words is it?

message 3: by Cleo (new)

Cleo Zhang (Lightmoon54) | 3 comments Since I've been working on this for years, the first incomplete rough draft is about 200,000 words. That will probably be broken down into two separate books at least. More will be added to that.

For my revised copy-which is free of typo and other small mistakes- that's around 30,000.

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkiatbookallure) | 1 comments Hi! I'm interested. What's your email so I can contact you? :)

message 5: by Cleo (new)

Cleo Zhang (Lightmoon54) | 3 comments Hello and thank you, Nikki! My email is cleo.zhang@wjps.org. Please feel free to shoot me an email.

Quick question: what do you prefer to read, the revised or the raw work? I have about 12 revised and 49 raw chapter. Please let me know which you prefer.