Horror Aficionados discussion

A Life To Waste
This topic is about A Life To Waste
June's Promo Group Read - A Life to Waste - Andrew Lennon

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments JUNE’S PROMOTIONAL GROUP READ

I am pleased to announce June’s Promotional Group Read – A Life to Waste by Andrew Lennon.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Andrew has graciously offered up an unlimited number of review copies until the end of the month of June for those interested in participating. You can download your free copy (MOBI or PDF) at the Dropbox link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rqpxspsh5p...

HA strongly urges members who download a free copy to participate in the promotional read and leave the appropriate reviews, so that we can continue to keep this feature going. As this is an author participation read, Andrew will be available for questions and perhaps some insight into the writing of this work.

This thread will also be the author participation discussion thread for the read.

Enjoy!

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 793 comments Thank you Mr Lennon :D

message 3: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments Hi everyone. Apologies if I'm a bit slow responding. I've been at a comic con all day, plus we'll have a bit of a time difference for those over the pond.
I really hope you enjoy my book. I appreciate you giving my work a try.
If you've got any questions at all then please feel free to ask and I'll get back as soon as I can.
Thanks to the group for running this promotion, I truly appreciate it.

Mixofsunandcloud | 538 comments I'm in for this one as well. Thank you

message 5: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Be sure to get your copies in time for the June read/discussion!

message 6: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11084 comments Mod
thank you for your generosity. I hope you get many, many 5 star reviews :)

message 7: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments Thanks all :) I hope you enjoy it!

message 8: by Char (new)

Char  | 14574 comments Mod
Hello, Andrew! Great to see you here!

message 9: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments Hi Charlene :)
Thanks for having me!

Mixofsunandcloud | 538 comments Ready Set Go

Jen from Quebec :0) (muppetbaby99) | 397 comments Thanks for this, Andrew! I am 10% into the story, and so far, Dave reminds me of half the people I graduated with, in that they have become 'alcoholic stoners'. --Jen from Quebec :0)

message 12: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments Yeah I know a lot of people like that lol Dave is actually loosely based on me and how I used to be.
The laziness part I mean, not the abusive side.
But yeah I'm glad I got out of that death sentence of a routine.

message 13: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Do you have a specific writing routine? What is your process?

message 14: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments Bill wrote: "Do you have a specific writing routine? What is your process?"

It varies a lot depending on what I'm writing and how I'm feeling at the time.
I used to sit and write in bed, now I've set up a little desk in the corner so that makes me a bit more productive.
For short stories I usually just start typing and see where the story takes me.
For longer pieces I plan the general outline of the story first. Just a couple of lines on each chapter, but that makes it easier for me to keep track on where I was wanting to go.
Oh and I've recently started only drinking water while writing.
I used to drink a lot of Diet Coke but for some reason I've found I can't really focus properly while drinking it now.

message 15: by David (new) - added it

David Brian (davidbrian) | 1612 comments Thanks for the freebie, Andrew! I've just downloaded my copy, so I'll make a start later today.
Best of luck with this!

message 16: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments David wrote: "Thanks for the freebie, Andrew! I've just downloaded my copy, so I'll make a start later today.
Best of luck with this!"

Mixofsunandcloud | 538 comments I'm about 20% in. I really don't like Dave. But I get the feeling I'm not supposed to at this point.

message 18: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments Mixofsunandcloud wrote: "I'm about 20% in. I really don't like Dave. But I get the feeling I'm not supposed to at this point."

No he's meant to be pretty much detested :)

Mixofsunandcloud | 538 comments I've finished, but I'm not quite ready to do a review yet. It needs to settle a bit first.

message 20: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments Mixofsunandcloud wrote: "I've finished, but I'm not quite ready to do a review yet. It needs to settle a bit first."

Don't know if that's good or bad....*sits nervously* lol
No seriously regardless of whether you enjoyed it or not. Thank you very much for giving my work a go :)

Mixofsunandcloud | 538 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

My review.

I hope a few more people join the discussion. I want to see what other people think.

message 22: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments Mixofsunandcloud wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

My review.

I hope a few more people join the discussion. I want to see what other people think."

Thanks for the feedback :)
I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It was actually the first book I wrote. A few people have mentioned that I need to work on pacing etc. It's something I hope I have improved on in with other works, but obviously I'm always working to improve more with each piece of work.
Thanks very much for giving it a go. I appreciate it a lot :)

message 23: by Sheri (new) - added it

Sheri | 42 comments It's not obvious that this is the first book you wrote. I'm liking it very much. I will discuss more as I've read a bit more. This was on my "TBR-next" list, so I'm very pleased to have you with us this month!

message 24: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments Sheri wrote: "It's not obvious that this is the first book you wrote. I'm liking it very much. I will discuss more as I've read a bit more. This was on my "TBR-next" list, so I'm very pleased to have you with us..."

Thank you! I'm really pleased that you're enjoying it so far.

message 25: by David (new) - added it

David Brian (davidbrian) | 1612 comments I'm at the 60% mark. I initially disliked Dave, although to be honest I'm a little indifferent now. I'm still not sure where we are headed, though wherever it is I'm betting it won't be a good stop-off for Dave.

message 26: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lennon | 11 comments David wrote: "I'm at the 60% mark. I initially disliked Dave, although to be honest I'm a little indifferent now. I'm still not sure where we are headed, though wherever it is I'm betting it won't be a good stop..."

Well I can't say anything about where we're heading ;-)
But hope you're liking it so far :)