Literarily Perfect Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia Williford, LivTheBookNerdBookClub (last edited May 27, 2017 12:50PM) (new)

Olivia Williford (LivTheBookNerd) (livthebooknerd) | 97 comments Mod
Flame in the MistWhere we discuss the beginning of the book!

message 2: by Julia Marie (new)

Julia Marie  (julietmarie) | 22 comments Mod
THERE'S A GLOSSARY!
It did not take me half a chapter to realize this...

Hey guys, what do you think so far? I'm absolutely in LOVE with the culture of this novel. I've never read anything involving Japanese culture or Samurais before, and this book is describing it all phenomenally! I could go on for ages and ages and ages...

But I won't; I'm going to classily switch topics like this...

That prologue (at least thats what I'm calling it) was rather intriguing: a Traitor's son, bleeding, and looked upon by who we later find out is our main character. I'm really curious as to how that's going to tie together.

CHIYO NO!

Mariko's character is rather basic when it comes to Young Adult female protagonists: woman in a man's world, constantly looked down upon by men, used as a pawn for a bigger game. However, I kind of sense something different about her. While most characters like this are continually harsh, Mariko seems extremely delicate. I'm very interested in seeing how her character develops.

Well, that's all I have for you guys! I hope you are enjoying the book as much as I am. I would love to hear what you guys have to say about the world, the characters, or even the storyline so far! TTYL

~Juju

message 3: by Olivia Williford, LivTheBookNerdBookClub (new)

I think you summed that up pretty well, Julia! I totally agree about Mariko being kinda delicate but still very strong.

The culture?

Chiyo!!!!!

The writing is so beautiful. Renée Ahdieh has done it again!

I'm excited to see where this book goes.

message 4: by Olivia Williford, LivTheBookNerdBookClub (new)

*culture!