Play Book Tag discussion

After Dark
This topic is about After Dark
May 2017: 2004 > After Dark - Haruki Murakami - four stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments After Dark is my first taste of Murakami's writing. I was curious to see which side of the fence I fell after noticing that he tends to be a devisive writer. I am pleased to report that I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Mari and found the writing to be quite gripping despite the description over plot style. Many others have reviewed this novel so I will leave it with saying that I am excited to read another Murakami soon and would love to hear which one you think I should try.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6433 comments Three readers of this book this month, and each has a slightly different take. Interesting. I feel like I'm not going to like him, but I have to try already.

Tracy (tstan) | 1197 comments So far they've all been good. My favorite is The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. It's longish, but no words are wasted. It is a book with more magic in it.

Susie | 4488 comments Another friend mentioned The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle too. I'm way ahead on my yearly challenge so I can fit some long books in for sure!